Sr. Manager, North America Policy Campaigns
Founded in 2008, Airbnb exists to create a world where anyone can belong anywhere, providing healthy travel that is local, authentic, diverse, inclusive, and authentic. Airbnb uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions, and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. Airbnb’s accommodation marketplace provides access to 6+million unique places to stay in 100,000+cities and 191 countries and regions. With Experiences, Airbnb offers unprecedented access to local communities and interests through 40,000+ unique, handcrafted activities run by hosts across 1,000+ markets around the world. Airbnb’s people-to-people platform benefits all its stakeholders, including hosts, guests, employees, and the communities in which it operates.
Airbnb is seeking an experienced Deputy Director to join the North America Public Policy Team. As a member of the Airbnb public policy team, you would be a part of a diverse regional team working across countries, product areas, and disciplines. In combining creativity and intellectual rigor with the organizational skills to support the national director and leadership team, you will help shape the policy priorities, strategy and necessary campaigns to achieve success for the region and the company. The ideal candidate would be responsible for managing various campaigns, projects, and initiatives simultaneously. They should be passionate about the opportunity to build awareness and trust regarding the contributions of economic empowerment and authentic sustainable travel that are unique to Airbnb.
As the Deputy Policy Director for North America, you will support the Regional Director in building the policy priority roadmap for the US and Canada; articulating the federal, state, and local policy priorities, and helping the accompanying engagement plans achieve success. Under the direction of the Regional Director, this role will be responsible for supporting the public policy leads across North America; supporting professional growth, team building and planning. This role will work closely with Airbnb leaders and the broader policy team to define policy strategies, stakeholder engagement, and campaigns in support of Airbnb’s policy and business priorities.
The ideal candidate is passionate about the sharing economy and will have experience with or in government, politics, campaigns, or advocacy groups. They will be trusted to build relationships with policy leaders and stakeholders across the region to educate them on Airbnb products and policy priorities while tracking various national and state initiatives in key markets and analyzing their potential impact. You will work closely with other members of the public policy team to ensure a coordinated approach to these stakeholders.
This role will be based in San Francisco. It reports to the Director of Public Policy for North America.
- Support and advise a team of seasoned public policy professionals in jurisdictions throughout the region to facilitate successful regulatory campaigns
- Support the Regional Policy Director to develop strategy and analysis presentations, track deliverables, and measure / report the priorities of the regional policy team
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders to solicit their insights relevant to growing the Airbnb community and advancing the company’s values
- Monitor legislation and regulatory matters in the assigned region and advise relevant policy changes for the company
- Execution and/or supervision of research, writing and other activities to provide analysis and critical thinking on developments affecting Airbnb priorities
- Support coordination with internal stakeholders, including legal, policy development, public affairs, mobilization, digital, research and partnerships to implement high impact strategic initiatives
- Lead professional development of the regional team; ensure implementation of appropriate trainings and secure opportunities for skill development
- Degree or advanced degree in related field
- 7+ years of experience working in politics, government, or relevant private sector experience
- Broad policy experience and preferable direct knowledge in one or more of the following areas: internet, privacy, content regulation, online safety, housing or landlord/tenant law
- Well-developed leadership and management skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills; ability to resolve complex and unfamiliar problems in a timely manner
- Ability to quickly get up to speed on complex technical and regulatory issues
- Excellent communicator with great interpersonal and presentation skills
- Acute attention to detail and highly organized; ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously and with multiple stakeholders
- Self-starter with a sense of humor and the ability to thrive in a fast moving and sometimes stressful environment
- Ability to navigate complex internal organization, confidently negotiate issues and roadblocks
- Ability to work independently as well as a team player in a multi-task work environment while producing the highest caliber work product in a timely manner
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and maintain discretion
- Personal integrity that reflects Airbnb’s core values and commitment to our stakeholders
- Willingness to travel
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-05-14