Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Sr Manager of Communications & Community
DIRECTV is seeking a Sr Manager of Communications & Community responsible for planning, developing, and writing communications intended for company-wide distribution to all employees. In this role, you will support internal communications and strategic planning of executive communications, as well as assist with script writing, planning, and pre-development of executive communication videos for c-suite level officers. Additionally, this leader will be expected to support efficient coordination and execution of executive messaging and communications activities, as well as maintain a comprehensive communications calendar for the enterprise throughout the year.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Navigate a large organization to develop strong cross-functional relationships.
- Create and distribute internal communications included in the corporate communications plan.
- Support in developing highly effective strategies and subsequent execution of internal communications.
- Create/develop highly effective strategic initiatives and facilitate execution of related activities to deliver communication projects of executive leaders.
- Utilize your exceptional writing skills to compose clear and persuasive communications for critical executive messaging.
- Develop and maintain an executive messaging archive serving as a comprehensive repository for all communications and essential communications briefs.
- Align all planned internal and external communications to ensure consistency and strategic representation of critical messages.
- Collaborate with the groups to support creating engaging content and messaging strategies for all-employee communications groups through the Workplace platform.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Typically, 3 – 5 years of experience in public relations, employee communications or other communications-related fields including executive communications position, serving senior executives.
- Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Administration in Communications, or similar field preferred.
- Familiarity with DIRECTV Business Units as a current or previous employee is preferred for this role.
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to prioritize and balance multiple deliverables with tight deadlines.
- Multi-task and adapt rapidly to aggressive deadlines and rapidly changing priorities.
- Communicate complex concepts, stories, and key components simply and effectively.
- Can-do, positive attitude and a roll-up-your-sleeves approach; personable and flexible to changing demands of the business.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, advanced working knowledge of Word and PowerPoint.
This role requires a minimum, but is not limited to, approximately 25% travel.
This is a remote position that can be located anywhere in the United States. #LI-Remote
A career with us comes with big rewards:
DIRECTV’s compensation structure is designed to be market-competitive and fully supports efforts to attract and retain employees. It is the company’s policy to offer pay that is competitive with other employers in the local market. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location.
The Base Salary range displayed below reflects the minimum and maximum target salary for each of DIRECTV’s 4 (four) US Labor Market Zones. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
DIRECTV WAGE ZONES: $79,420 – $144,210
Low (N1): $79,420 – $119,130
Mid (N2): $83,600 – $125,400
High (N3): $91,960 – $137,940
Top (N4): $96,140 – $144,210
Click HERE to review information on some of the largest Designated Market Areas (DMAs). Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the salary ranges reflect base salary only and do not include bonus or benefits – when you consider all of these together, it represents a pretty impressive total compensation package.
Job posted: 2023-08-22