Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Sr Manager of Government Relations
Stand out where it matters most.
At Electrolux, a leading global appliance company, we strive every day to shape living for the better for our consumers, our people, and our planet. We share ideas and collaborate so that together, we can develop solutions that deliver enjoyable and sustainable living.
Come join us as you are. We believe diverse perspectives make us stronger and more innovative. In our global community of people from 100+ countries, we listen to each other, actively contribute, and grow together.
Join us in our exciting quest to build the future home.
All about the role:
We are seeking an experienced government relations professional to manage the company’s federal, state and local government affairs and regulatory strategies in the U.S. and Canada.You will work closely with Electrolux NA senior leadership, business units, site leaders, and communications teams to identify and support company priorities among federal,state and local governments, regulatory agencies, and industry associations, with a strong emphasis on developing and nurturing relationships at all levels.
A key role in the NA Legal department, the Sr Manager of Government Relations will drive and coordinate a broad advocacy agenda to enhance the Electrolux Group brand and reputation and ensure the company is involved in public policy issues that impact its operations.
What you’ll do:
- Manage and direct the company’s federal, state and local government relations and strategy.
- Develop and maintain relationships with federal, state and local government leaders representing the company’s facilities to best position the company.
- Monitor and advise internal stakeholders on legislative and regulatory issues at the federal, state and local level that may impact company operations.
- Interface with government officials on any issues that may affect the company at the federal, state and local level.
- Provide leadership in developing public policy positions and risk mitigation partnering with Legal, Tax, Product Line,
- Safety and Regulatory Compliance and Sustainability.
- Help coordinate the company’s participation in the Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers. Coordinate the development of company positions on energy efficiency regulations and other state and federal issues impacting appliance manufacturers.
- Serve as primary contact for national, state, and local business associations of which the company is a member. Manage budget for dues and sponsorships in these organizations.
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in public affairs/government relations or a related field is required.
- At least 3 years of private sector experience in public affairs/government relations field required.
Where you’ll be:
This position will be based at our Corporate Headquarters in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Hybrid work model
- Relocation assistance
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance from day one.
- Competitive holiday and vacation time off program
- Retirement Savings Plan (401(k)) with relevant company contribution.
- Discounted products and an EAP upon hire and tuition reimbursement after 12 months of service
As part of Electrolux, we will continuously invest in you and your development. There are no barriers to where your career could take you.
Job posted: 2023-09-01