Consumer Technology Association
Basic Function of the Position: The Sr. Manager will oversee all aspects of CTA’s Political Action Committee (CTAPAC) including strategy, fundraising, events, marketing campaigns, and the monitoring of legislative and regulatory trends impacting the Consumer Technology industry. This role will also oversee and ensure all CTAPAC events and efforts remain in compliance with all federal and state lobby laws.
Critical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute CTAPAC fundraising strategies, campaigns and events, ensure compliance with state and federal election and lobbying laws, management of PAC Board. Additionally, this role will represent CTA at related events.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key political fundraisers.
- Execute and attend fundraising events at CTA Innovation House and other venues.
- Develop and execute marketing strategies and solicitation/authorization campaigns throughout the year to build awareness of and support for CTAPAC.
- Serve as liaison to CTAPAC Committee. Provide reports on CTAPAC activities, Conduct bi-monthly meetings, and ensure the timely posting of meeting notices, minutes and agendas.
- Manage CTAPAC Visionary Program and extensive CES donor benefit program to organize and provide VIP benefits for CTA board and other industry leaders.
- Manage the PAC donor database, maintain organized records of all PAC receipts and disbursements, manage disbursement of all PAC contributions, handle PAC correspondence and produce internal PAC reports and analyses.
- Ensure timely and accurate filing of FEC reports and lobbying disclosure reports at both the federal and state level.
- Ensure CTA and CES events maintain compliance with all federal and state lobby laws and memoranda.
- Monitor legislative, regulatory and business trends impacting the consumer electronics industry.
- Bachelor’s degree required with a preference given to government or political science majors or related fields.
- Strong understanding of Campaign Finance Laws and Lobby regulations
- At least 6-8 years’ experience working with Federal Campaign compliance and Lobby laws
- At least 6-8 years’ experience managing a PAC including fundraising and event planning; association PAC experience preferred
- Experience working with level executives
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple issues and tasks, and the ability to work on complex projects with tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- *Must be a self-starter
*The Consumer Technology Association’s (CTA) awards and accolades include being honored in 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 by the Washington Postas a “Top Workplace”, the Virginia Business and Best Companies Group has recognized CTA as a “Best Places to Work” winner for the last six consecutive years’, CTA is a seven year winner of the “CARE Award” and “Best Workplaces for Commuters” for the last three years’ running.
Consumer Technology Association is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Learn more here
Job Posted: September 6, 2017