Sr. Manager, Paid Media
|Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?|
The Senior Manager, Paid Media will help lead the strategic planning, activation and optimization of Marriott’s paid media efforts in US & Canada. The position will deliver holistic paid media strategies across brand, portfolio and loyalty marketing and support key initiatives for US & Canada business priorities, including Loyalty promotions and messaging, Partnership media opportunities and brand activations. This role will drive Integrated Media initiatives for awareness and revenue driving efforts at the portfolio, brand and regional levels partnering closely with the Brand, Loyalty and Portfolio Marketing teams. This role will oversee and support tactical activation across media planning, budget allocation, creative development and reporting being a champion for applying a performance mindset and constant optimization to all integrated media efforts.
This role can be based in Bethesda, MD or New York, NY.
Education and Experience Preferred
· 6+ years’ experience in paid media and online marketing, demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance AND
· 4-year degree from an accredited university in Marketing or related major
· Strong knowledge of digital paid media strategies – Paid Search, Programmatic Display, Paid Social
· Familiarity with Ad Tech, dynamic creative vendors and DMPs
· Knowledge of digital streaming landscape – including OTT, Connected TV, IFE
· Knowledge of traditional media landscape – including Print, OOH, TV
· Proven media activation experience from planning, creative development by channel, campaign set up, reporting and optimization
· Proven ability to manage and work with cross-functional teams across internal teams and agency partners
· Strong desire to “push the envelope”, test new concepts, and be a change agent
· Knowledge of digital measurement, tracking methods, and analysis
· Demonstrates self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm
· Effective written and oral communications skills. Sensitivity to global communication needs
· Ability to solve problems quickly, think creatively, and satisfy Internet speed-to-market requirements
<p; working=”” knowledge=”” of=”” microsoft=”” office=”” (excel,=”” word,=”” and=”” powerpoint)<=”” p=””>
· Travel and/or retail experience a plus
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
· Work hand in hand with the Sr. Director, Integrated Media & US/Canada Optimization and partner closely with the Brand, Loyalty & Portfolio Marketing teams to create and deploy customer centric strategies and media programs that connect branding, consideration, demand generation, and loyalty efforts.
· Champion performance mindset and media optimization with focus on US & Canada performance
· Lead change efforts to enable greater accountability and performance across multiple business KPIs
· Harmonize strategies across portfolio, brand and loyalty marketing initiatives specific to US/Canada across multiple channels – paid and owned
· Partner closely with agencies to manage and prioritize campaign activation and performance, finding ways to improve returns and test emerging opportunities.
· Provide reporting, critique and recommendations on key projects and campaigns, aligning to key business KPIs and outcomes.
Managing Projects and Priorities
· Pursue always-on demand generation and marketing efforts to drive incremental value to the portfolio, need destinations and individual hotels.
· Partner with agencies and technology providers to maximize effectiveness through continual optimization and drive innovation for industry-first solutions.
· Partner with creative teams and agencies to produce effective ad formats for media activations across multiple channels – digital and traditional
· Work cross-functionally with Measurement/Analytics team to track and communicate business trends and KPIs performance to goal while identifying optimization opportunities.
· Review holistic paid media reporting and coordinate sharing with stakeholders throughout Portfolio, Brand, Loyalty and US/Canada teams.
· Identify areas of opportunity for improving existing reporting formats and deliverables to key stakeholders.
· Work with appropriate field marketing stakeholders to help “pull through” digital programs, as needed.
Managing Responsibilities with Stakeholders
· Develops and maintains effective relationships with both internal and external stakeholders. Fosters a positive climate to build effective teams that are committed to organizational goals and initiatives.
· Updates stakeholders on key initiative wins and opportunities, responds to concerns, and solicits feedback. Engages leadership to develop and execute action plans to address gaps.
· Become an indispensable team member through deep subject matter expertise, a focus to continually improve, and a strong partnership approach.
· Partner closely with Marketing teams across Brand, Loyalty & Portfolio, and US/Canada teams to ensure all efforts remain on strategy
· Proactively share best practices to advance creative improvements to maximize effectiveness
· Regularly develop and deliver updates to key stakeholders through in-person presentations, conference calls, and written communications.
· Adaptability – Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
· Communication – Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
· Problem Solving and Decision Making
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-01-06