Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Sr. Manager Policy PR
The Senior Manager, Policy Communications, will be part of the strategic communications team that supports Amazon’s public policy team.
The ideal candidate will have a proven record of delivering results on a range of high profile policy issues for a complex company or organization.
You will be able to help build and execute successful communications campaigns related to federal public policy issues, skillfully manage inbound media inquiries, and drive awareness among key media and influencers of Amazon’s positive impact on customers and the communities where we operate. The role can be based in Washington, D.C. or Seattle, WA.
Core Job Responsibilities:
· Develop and manage a broad range of proactive external communications programs and events in support of Amazon’s policy goals;
· Establish and foster relationships with key regional and national media by serving as a trusted source and educator about Amazon;
· Seek out and/or create opportunities to further Amazon’s public engagement on public policy issues;
· Deliver communications counsel to colleagues on the public policy team on both short- and long-term challenges and opportunities, earning trust across many parts of Amazon’s business;
· Drive issues management programs with a policy component and serve as key communications counselor on crisis issues.
Proven ability, willingness, and desire to:
· Exercise extremely high judgment and standards, particularly in narrow timeframes;
· Think and communicate clearly – formulate a clear point of view on complicated issues and create a concise and well-written narrative to express it;
· Develop creative, effective approaches to difficult communications challenges;
· Deal with ambiguity – form a cohesive and effective outcome from potentially incongruous facts (or lack thereof) and individual perspectives.
· Bachelor’s degree
· 10+ years of public relations experience
· Communications experience with public policy issues in technology and/or government
· Ability to dive deep on public policy issues
· Experience working with DC-based national and regional reporters
· Experience serving as a spokesperson on complex issues
· Excellent writing skills
Inclusive Team Culture Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Mentorship and Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-07-28