Sr. Manager, Public Policy
About The Opportunity
Grubhub is dedicated to connecting hungry diners with our wide network of restaurants across the country. Our innovative technology, easy-to-use platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities make us an industry leader today, and in the future of online food ordering.
We strive to create a workplace that reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities we serve. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, take risks, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us?
We have a fast-paced environment and that is what our teams thrive on. Grubhub believes in empowering people and offering opportunities for development, as well as professional growth. We value strong, positive relationships in all areas: with each other, our customers and our greater community. Want to be a part of a team of diverse collaborators in an authentically fun culture? If so, we want to talk to you – and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
This position, which can be based in Chicago, San Francisco, or New York will report to the Senior Director of Public Affairs and closely coordinate with our Legal, Marketing, and Public Relations Teams.
- Work cross-functionally to conceptualize, execute, and represent Grubhub’s legislative and regulatory programs across federal, state, and local levels of government
- Track and maintain an active list of state and local legislation and regulations of interest to our business.
- Draft policy update communications for senior and executive teams and external audiences
- Foster positive relationships with business and government leaders, as well as well as other constituencies important to our business
- Act as Grubhub’s representative in legislative and policy meetings, hearings, and other events
- Identify and grow industry and coalition relationships
- Manage grassroots advocacy program for Call To Action campaigns.
- Help manage external policy consultants
- When appropriate, act as an external spokesperson for Grubhub
You Should Have
- Bachelor’s degree in a related concentration;
- At least 8 years of experience serving in government, industry coalitions, and/or internal corporate government relations or policy roles
- Direct policy experience, particularly with marketplace-based organizations
- Proven track record of leading initiatives, hitting goals, and succeeding in a team environment
- Experience operating cross-functionally in an organization, creating consensus and putting in motion action plans
- Top notch public speaking and writing ability
- Results-driven approach at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Strong organizational skills and self-motivation, with the ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Positive energy on a daily basis is a must
- Must be willing to travel as needed.
Got these? Even better.
- Experience working for, or with, a technology company a big plus
- Being a foodie is a plus, too
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries.
- Health and Wellness. We provide programs that support your overall well-being such as generous medical benefits, employee network groups, company-wide fitness challenges, and a comfortable and casual workplace! We also support our parents by offering 8 weeks of paid parent bonding time, a 4-week returnship program, and 6-8 weeks paid medical leave.
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. From day one, we empower you to lead and be an active participant in your career growth. We provide continuous learning opportunities, training, and coaching and mentorship programs.
- MealPerks. Who’s ready for some lunch? We provide our employees with a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants. We also offer company-wide meals several times a year to bring our Grubhub family together.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives. Some of our popular past events include: Wing-eating contests, Grubtoberfest, 5k Runs, Bring Your Child to Work Day, regular happy hours, and more!
- Social Impact. We believe in the importance of serving the communities that support our business. In addition, employees are given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@grubhub.com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-05-11