Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Sr. Manager Regulatory Affairs, Public Policy
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
This position will influence US federal regulatory policy to facilitate the deployment of Lucid’s best-in-class electric vehicles through actions that both advantage Lucid’s products in particular and expand the market for electric vehicles in general.
- Act as the main point of contact, with regulatory counsel, for federal agencies such as DOT/NHTSA, DOE, EPA, DHS, FCC, and others as needed
- Develop advocacy materials, reports, and products (internal- and external-facing)
- Work with policy team to execute federal regulatory strategy (political-level), including on issues such as GHG/ZEV, safety, automated driving, etc. benefitting Lucid’s business in the US
- Help to develop Lucid’s comments for the record on relevant issues, including driving the process and working internally to ensure accuracy and consistent brand messaging
- Collaborate with teams and stakeholders across the business, including Legal, Sales, Service, Marketing
- Develop deep relationships with appointees and career staff at relevant agencies as well as influential NGOs and business groups in the space
- Track and report regulatory initiatives and credit trading schemes related to Lucid’s policy agenda to internal stakeholders
- Work in coalitions within the sustainable transportation and energy communities to increase momentum behind policy and legislative proposals that are conducive to Lucid’s business and the adoption of EVs
- Minimum of 6 years (Manager) or 8 years (Sr. Manager) of relevant experience in public policy, government affairs, and other advocacy roles
- Experience with regulatory frameworks, policies, and laws relevant to Lucid’s business, including electric vehicles, EV charging infrastructure, energy storage systems, international issues, data privacy, cybersecurity, automotive safety, traditional infrastructure, etc.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), including the ability to effectively relay complex information in a concise format
- Keen political acumen
- Demonstrated ability to work proactively, efficiently, prioritize workflow and meet demanding deadlines
- Preferred: direct experience with environmental and/or vehicle safety regulations such as EPA’s GHG, NHTSA’s CAFE and FMVSS, and CARB’s ACC rules
- A degree in policy or law, or comparable relevant degree required
Job posted: 2022-05-10