Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Sr. Manager, State Association Relations
Want to work for a great Organization?
The American Bankers Association is the banking industry’s champion. Joining ABA makes you part of a team that: • has Extraordinary People – ABA experts are the “go to” sources for bankers, policy makers and the media for credible information and insights for the banking industry. • has Unmatched Scope and Scale – ABA’s unparalleled information and services keep members current, knowledgeable and prepared. • is Impact-Driven – ABA has a proven record of bringing about positive change for our members and the industry. We take action and achieve results. Plus competitive pay, an outstanding benefits package, a convenient DC location, a professional collegial work environment and an opportunity to work on issues of national significance equals a winning combination!
The Sr. Manager plays a key role in managing the relationship with 51 state association partners and provides leadership of key ABA programs.
The Sr. Manager will:
- Maintain/strengthen ABA’s alliance with state bankers associations by supporting the SVP and Chief in managing the relationship between ABA and 51 state association partners to ensure that each association is engaged in all aspects of the relationship including political engagement, policy advocacy, volunteer leadership, education/training, products/services and other areas.
- Process, understand and analyze information on membership, advocacy, products/services, governance and other vital association functions in order to make decisions to effectively grow engagement between ABA and the state associations.
- Working with other key stakeholders across the organization, track state-by-state engagement and develop strategy to build and grow relationships in specific areas.
- Manage the state association fly-in program including budget, program structure and coordination with ABA and state association leadership and federal regulatory agency contacts.
- Provide support for virtual and in-person meetings and workshops. Work with division Chief, SVP and Alliance Leadership to identify topics/speakers and develop robust and engaging programs.
- Manage and provide support for key Alliance initiatives including annual benchmarking survey and ad hoc working groups, etc.
- Represent and speak for the state association alliance and political engagement team during interdepartmental meetings and with ABA employees across the organization to promote the strong relationship between ABA and the state associations and the benefits this relationship provides to our members.
- Bachelor’s degree and 7+ years of experience working in a related field including the Trade Association Space, Capitol Hill, or in a program management capacity.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience building and managing relationships
- Ability to understand and compellingly communicate banking concepts and policy
- Ability to successfully handle multiple and shifting priorities
- Strong organization skills, strong attention to detail and excellent time management are required
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Self-starter with demonstrated experience proactively managing programs
- Ability and experience managing and troubleshoot member inquiries to find resolution
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Strong technical skills including webinar management. Proficient Microsoft Office suites and Office 365 programs
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and experience working with C-level executives. Ability to work with ABA executive staff
- Independent judgment and discretion is key in day to day communications with key stakeholders
Trade association experience preferred
Program administration or management strongly preferred
Meeting planning experience
Experience writing or proofreading
American Bankers Association (ABA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, protected Veteran status, personal appearance, political affiliation, family responsibilities, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
ABA encourages and celebrates diversity so if you are motivated, hardworking and want to make a difference, come as you are!
Job posted: 2022-06-19