Sr. Manager, Strategic Communications
Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical, and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs more than 30,000 employees in over 50 countries. Reported sales in 2019 were $7.1 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
We are seeking a driven and results-oriented Senior Manager, Strategic Communications, Corporate & RBIS to join our Global Communications team at Avery Dennison. This position will be based remotely and report to the Director, Corporate Communications and Head of Communications, RBIS. You will serve as a strategic communications partner for business leaders, developing and executing internal communications plans that help achieve business objectives and foster an engaging, workplace for our distributed team. Key focus areas include business transformation and organizational change, crisis response, employee engagement, innovation, D&I and safety.
- Craft and deploy internal communications strategies that support and engage the company’s global workforce, resulting in a successful implementation of business/process changes.
- Develop communication plans, identify key messages and produce materials (toolkits, videos, etc.) that effectively convey timely and relevant information to diverse audiences.
- Provide critical communications counsel to RBIS business leaders and communications planning in support of key activities including digital transformation, on-shoring change management, factory automation change management, and reignite innovation.
- Lead the Stay in the Zone safety communications program and ongoing EHS global communications.
- Lead D&I communications in support of emerging D&I initiatives across regions and businesses addressing internal and external partners.
- Author content for AveryDennison.com, OurWorld (company intranet), and Employee Insider newsletter.
- Collaborate as a key member of the Global Communications community in order to effectively use key strategies and initiatives companywide.
- Work with junior staff to develop critical and strategic thinking capabilities and overall communications standard methodologies.
- 10+ years of experience leading and developing strategic internal communications for a global company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing or related field required.
- Confident working with leaders of all levels.
- Superb consultative, issue identification, and problem solving skills.
- Understanding of core business concepts, including performance, financials, growth, and strategy.
- Experienced in developing business strategy, innovation, and D&I communications for global employee audiences.
- Strong ideation and creative execution skills.
- Broad understanding of Avery Dennison customers and related industries.
- Understands and resolves complexities related to nuances of global audiences.
- Establish clear priorities quickly and consistently meet deadlines. Effectively handle and deliver on multiple priorities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-11-16