sr media manager connections and investment
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Fueling the continued success of one of the world’s most beloved and recognized brands is a distinctly capable, creative and innovative Marketing organization. Target Marketing is well known for inspiring and surprising guests, and we pride ourselves on connecting them to the products and experiences they expect and deserve from Target. In Media Strategy, we are media thought leaders who look at marketing through a media lens, and find balance in the math and magic required to build meaningful media communication plans. We use data and trends to build guest insights and ideas, and then craft media communications to drive sales and brand equity. We have a clear and cohesive understanding of our business objectives, and are able to build strategies, guest segments and tactics. We build learning plans and lean into measurement to ensure we are effective and relevant to our Guests and our goals. We are committed to partnering internally across departments and externally with our agencies and media partners. We are passionate about our Guests and the constantly evolving media landscape they live in. We embrace change and strive to have one foot in the future.
A role with Target Media Connections & Investment is a chance to elevate the work of Target Marketing by leaning into data, creative thought and technology. Your recommendations will inform and lead the integration of media strategies across channels and categories. You’ll lead multichannel development of guest-centric media work that helps drive Target’s business. You’ll bring together internal and external media, content and technology teams to meaningfully connect with guests. And you’ll ensure successful guest and channel distribution strategies as you heavily leverage measurement and optimization.
As a Sr. Manager– Media Connections & Investment, you will lead work across various internal and external partners to build efficient and effective media strategies across our portfolio to drive our business and brand equities with our guests. Key projects include annual portfolio media mix, stewardship of the media investment and foster connections with Brand and Category teams to ensure synergies in our cross-channel portfolio approach to mix and partners. All projects are grounded in our guest behaviors and be informed by competitive and industry trends and insights. Your creativity in strategy development, passion for media innovation and understanding of the best way to connect with guests are critical, as you lead in the development of strategies that you will lead through to execution. Your core partners include Target Media Channels and Activation, Marketing Strategy & Operations, Media Effectiveness, Brand and Category Marketing, Target’s media agency of record, Target Creative and external creative and media partners.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
ANNUAL PLANNING AND PORTFOLIO MEDIA MIX
- Support development of an annual portfolio level media mix that includes guest, industry and competitive insights inclusive of all channels
- Assist in annual planning with Marketing Strategy & Operations and Finance teams
- Establish and champion innovation areas and media principles for portfolio that inspires campaign and channel teams
- Partner with media agency in portfolio management inclusive of investment tracking, budget flexibility resource allocation against portfolio initiatives
- Demonstrate leadership in identifying trends, opportunities, issues and best practices and integrating learning into campaign work
- Work closely with Target brand and creative teams to create innovative communication strategies
- Lead media agency in development of media strategy and tactical plan development that deliver on brand goals
- Lead teams both internal and external to deliver comprehensive media plan recommendations across multiple channels including all Owned, Earned, Shared and Paid. Must be at least conversant in all.
- Work with Media Effectiveness team to evaluate media performance, optimize in campaign and mine for future learnings
INVESTMENTS & PARTNERSHIPS
- Facilitate endeavors and partner roadmaps and testing plans in partnership with channel leadership
- Work with channel leads to inform roadmaps and investment needs
- Work with Media Effectiveness and Channel leadership teams to evaluate media performance across partners to optimize across portfolio and mine for future learnings
CROSS FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Must be comfortable working across all channels and leading teams to integrate into one holistic view of media and the role channels play, inclusive of search, email, affiliate
- Be an expert on Target guest and consumer behaviors, media consumption patterns and emerging trends in the media world
- Proven ability to build relationships across disciplines and with creative agencies
- Be a steward of best practices and an evangelist of learnings across work
Strengths and Behaviors needed to be successful in role:
- (Target Behaviors) Accountable, Bold, Curious, One Team
- Builder/Collaborator through trust and accountability
- Ability to turn strategies into action
- Four-year degree with strong academic performance, or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of relevant media experience
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, project management, and communication skills including strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present in both large and small group settings
- Strong conceptual skills and ability to translate concepts into analytical or research methodologies and tools
- Able to quickly establish rapport, credibility, trust, and respect with peers and leadership
- Track record of success in dealing effectively with complex projects entailing frequent interaction with leadership
- Ability to synthesize and clearly communicate highly complex findings to focus on the critical issues and actionable opportunities
- Deep understanding of consumer behaviors in relation to media and technical expertise of several media channels needed
- Clear understanding of the media landscape inclusive of digital marketing, martech and the changing dynamics of the marketplace
- Proven ability to build media strategies and tactical plans seen through to execution
- Proven ability to manage a portfolio of brands or campaigns
- Experience with Budget management
- Excellent negotiations and time management skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work with people at all levels and diverse experiences
- Results oriented
- Curious and enjoys the process of learning
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-01-25