Sr Multimedia Specialist – 90287153
Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
As part of the Corporate Communications team, the Sr Multimedia Specialist is responsible for visually communicating about Amtrak’s business priorities, products, services, and amenities. He/she will be familiar with the visual storytelling process in a corporate setting including creating, editing, and producing video and photo assets to be used by the media relations and employee communications teams as well as other Amtrak-owned channels. This role will also support executive communications as necessary.
- Capture accurate and compelling images which tell the Amtrak story, and support numerous facets of the business (employees, equipment, stations)
- Shoot and coordinate the acquisition of photographs and video that capture the widest range of employees, equipment, facilities, for use in corporate digital channels
- Produce and edit video from script to final production
- Create partnerships with a cross-functional team of graphic designers, media managers, other photographers, outside vendors to produce creative and cost-effective products, including dynamic video presentations
- Maintain a database for all photo and video-based creative services projects which can be shared corporate-wide in the promotion of Amtrak
- Coach executives and employees on script presentation, tone, and appearance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Visual or Multimedia Communications or related field plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience, or equivalent combination of education, training, and work experience
- Intermediate level experience (3-5 years) working on multimedia projects with an expertise in videography
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven skills at video and photo production
- Knowledge of lighting and set design
- Demonstrated skills using Microsoft Office; Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, Adobe Creative Suite, and Photoshop
- 5 years of relevant work experience
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Graphic design skills (infographics, animation, Power Point presentation development) a plus
- Self-starter requiring minimal direction
- Special attention to detail
- Knowledge of the railroad, transportation is a plus
Posting Location(s):District of Columbia; Maryland; Virginia
Job Family/Function:Government Affairs
Travel Requirements:Up to 50%
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing. Marijuana, notwithstanding any statute, ordinance, regulation, or other law that legalizes or decriminalizes the use or possession of marijuana, whether for medical, recreational, or other use. Candidates who engage in the usage of marijuana will not be qualified for hire. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping Amtrak safe and drug-free.
In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR section 40.25), Amtrak is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety- sensitive duties for covered Department of Transportation positions. If an applicant/employee refuses to provide written consent for Amtrak to obtain these records, he/she will not permitted to perform safety-sensitive functions.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Amtrak is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome all to apply. We consider candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability (including blindness), or veteran status.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-02-20