Sr. Policy Associate, State Government Affairs
- Serve as the primary advocate of state level policies—legislative and/or regulatory—impacting Tesla in California in all aspects of its business.
- Engage with California state officials—legislators, constitutional officers, appointees, and other public officials—in order to accomplish Tesla’s policy objectives.
- Work with trade associations, allies, and stakeholders to build consensus on policies or proposals, including developing advocacy campaigns, public relations or communications strategies.
- Be responsive to needs of Tesla leadership and internal business units.
- Assist internal business units in problem-solving building, land use, air quality, and other permitting and policy issues impacting Tesla’s facilities.
- Partner with Diversity and Inclusion, Workforce Development or other internal teams and external stakeholders to develop and implement community outreach initiatives or events.
- BA in relevant field; MBA, MPP, JD or other advanced degree preferred or equivalent experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
- Five to ten years’ experience in state government affairs, political or grassroots organizing, or policy advocacy.
- Demonstrated history of managing policy initiatives or campaigns.
- Excellent relationships with state officials, particularly in Sacramento.
- Superb judgment and emotional intelligence with ability to resolve contentious issues, and forge consensus and build coalitions among divergent views.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and conflict resolution skills.
- Independent, self-directed team player who is enjoys working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Knowledge of relevant transportation, electric vehicle, and clean energy policies.
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step-by-step tutorial can be found here).
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-05-17