Sr. Policy Associate
Tesla’s Policy Team is responsible for engaging with policymakers, regulators and stakeholders to accelerate the transition to electric vehicles and sustainable energy. Tesla is looking for a highly skilled and motivated individual to support policy engagements in Texas. Tesla is a fast moving, dynamic environment where flexibility and adaptability are key attributed needed for success. The successful candidate will be a self-starter and highly motivated with experience in public policy and the electric vehicle or clean energy industries.
- Partner with internal teams and external stakeholders to develop and implement community outreach, initiatives and events.
- Serve as an interface and advocate with Texas local and regional government officials in jurisdictions in which we do business.
- Be responsive to needs of Tesla leadership and internal teams to execute policy, political, community affairs objectives at Tesla facilities statewide.
- Reports directly to policy and business development lead for Texas.
- BA in relevant field; or other advanced degree preferred or equivalent experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
- 5 years’ experience in community affairs, political or grassroots organizing, or policy advocacy.
- Superb judgment with ability to diffuse often tense situations and forge consensus among divergent views.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and written skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail and demonstrated history of event planning/management.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Knowledge of relevant transportation, manufacturing, tech and energy policies.
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step-by-step tutorial can be found here).
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-05-17