Sr PR Manager, Project Kuiper
Amazon is seeking an intelligent, motivated and creative public relations professional to support PR for Project Kuiper. This is a unique opportunity to shape the communications strategy for one of Amazon’s most ambitious new initiatives, and to have a positive, lasting impact on customers and communities around the world.
Project Kuiper is an initiative to increase global broadband access through a constellation of satellites in low Earth orbit (LEO) around the planet. Its mission is to deliver fast, affordable broadband to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
As a PR Manager for Project Kuiper, you will develop communications strategies and tactics to advance licensing, policy and regulatory goals for the program. You will be responsible for developing messaging, building and sustaining strong media relationships, executing successful campaigns and events, and working with international teams to localize content and campaigns for different regions around the world.
You will work closely with business, engineering, legal, public policy, and regulatory teams to shape this strategy. As a key advisor to the business, you must demonstrate excellent judgment, an ability to earn trust with various internal stakeholders, and a willingness to dive deep into complex topics. You must also be able to clearly articulate ideas in both written and verbal communications, anticipate potential issues and headwinds for the business, and effectively advocate for decisions that protect the long-term interests of Amazon and its customers.
Along the way, you will have a chance to shape the long-term vision for this exciting new business, and to serve as an advocate for customers and communities that currently lack access to reliable broadband.
· Create and execute communications to support global licensing, policy and regulatory goals
· Develop localized content and strategy to support licensing and advocacy in new regions outside the U.S.
· Develop and maintain relationships with relevant industry, policy and tech reporters
· Mobilize and coordinate with international PR teams to support global licensing roadmap
· Support media campaigns and announcements around key business and technical milestones
· Anticipate and manage potential reputational issues
· Develop mechanisms to help scale coverage monitoring, media engagement and other activities outside the U.S.
· Bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism, public affairs or a related discipline
· 8+ years of experience in public relations, ideally in technology, telecom, space or a related field
· Experience and/or exposure to satellite, space and telecommunications policy landscape
· Experience working in close collaboration with government, public policy and regulatory affairs teams
· Ability to dive deep into complex topics, both individually and as part of a team
· Experience managing or executing international PR campaigns
· Motivated, entrepreneurial spirit; willingness to operate with ambiguity and show a bias for action
· Ability to earn trust with diverse, multidisciplinary stakeholders
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-10-26