Sr PR Manager, Shopping Experiences
Amazon is looking for a Senior PR Manager to provide communications support for several shopping experience business units including Shopping and Discovery, Customer Reviews, and more for the NA Corporate Communications team. The team is seeking a high-judgement, well-connected, and seasoned public relations professional to own business critical communications functions for a diverse and challenging range of customer shopping experience topics. The right candidate possesses extensive media relations skills, has a proven background with business critical issues management and can exercise strategic instincts while acting with bias for action. This person should be comfortable troubleshooting and digging deep into what makes Amazon work from a technical perspective.
As part of the role, the person will work with key business leaders and marketing teams – as well as subject matter experts on the PR team – to develop and execute messaging, PR strategies, and timely responses to complicated and changing news cycles. They should enjoy looking at a challenge and finding a process to simplify it. The candidate must be comfortable working on fast-moving issues and communicating with the media on subjects that can impact Amazon’s reputation with customers.
If you find that you are right a lot, thrive in busy environments, are a self-starter, and enjoy diving into technology-related issues, this role might be a great fit.
This role can be based in Seattle or Washington D.C., or Arlington, VA, and will require periodic travel.
· Define, develop, and oversee end-to-end execution of business critical communications programs for Amazon’s retail businesses
· Ensure factually accurate representation of those businesses in the press
· Strong crisis management capabilities
· Regularly interact with senior leadership to influence strategy and mitigate risk around sensitive launches and product offerings
· Manage sensitive reputational issues with internal stakeholders and members of the media
· Protect sensitive competitive, technical and business confidential information
· Develop and strengthen relationships with key journalists, bloggers and influencers in technology trade and business press
· Work cross-functionally to plan and execute PR campaigns
· Manage complex, fast-moving and unexpected communications challenges with high judgment and professionalism
· Create processes, mechanisms and playbooks to ensure efficiency in handling reactive PR issues across the team
· Feed into weekly and quarterly status reports on areas of the business using data tracked by you
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Bachelor’s degree
· 12+ years of public relations experience, with relevant experience in business critical communications and issues management
· Technology PR experience required
· Ability to craft highly impactful copy
· A track record of successfully representing high-profile tech products
· Outstanding attention to detail, understanding of technology and ability to communicate complex topics effectively
· Thrives in a collaborative environment and is willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done
· Strong judgment and the ability to respond quickly, yet thoughtfully to urgent PR matters
· A knack for diplomacy and the confidence to engage and build consensus with functional leaders at all levels
Job posted: 2020-04-30