Sr. PR Manager
Do you want to work with some of the brightest minds in Marketing and Communications that are shaping stories for iconic brands? Davis Elen is looking for a media-savvy Sr. PR Manager to join our growing team. Our client roster includes McDonald’s, Toyota, Great Call & Alkaline88, just to name a few.
We are looking for someone who is fascinated by the intersection of people and brands and knows how to tell visual and written stories across multiple platforms. Our team works in a high-energy, fast-paced environment requiring thoughtful and close collaboration across multiple teams and geographies. The ideal candidate is a team player, media-savvy, smart and social, a proactive self-starter, can work independently while multi-tasking various projects, and most of all, brings enthusiasm and confidence to all they do.
As a Sr. PR Manager, you will help support strategy, build campaigns, and land coverage that changes the way audiences think about our clients through rich storytelling and community engagement. This position will help strategize and run hyper-local campaigns for clients while managing a fast-moving environment to drive clients’ desired outcomes.
This position is remote but will require travel and in-office time on an as-needed basis. The candidate’s ideal location is in Arlington, VA/ Washington D.C. area, or Kansas City, MO.
The Sr. PR Manager will report directly to the SVP of Public Relations and Communications and will work in-part, on a team of three, while engaging in cross-functional and interdepartmental environments with various teams. The primary responsibility of this job is to prepare and develop hyper-local client-centric public relations programs under the strategic direction of the department supervisor.
You are an Experienced Professional in the Following Areas:
- Provide strategic and tactical counsel to client and supervisor while leading/owning projects that demonstrate strategic planning and creative thinking
- Grow, manage, and maintain relationships with key local media/influencers as well as clients
- Develop, review, and pitch stories/content
- Develop review and present decks in a client-facing environment
- Develop budget/utilization management and resourcing
- Supports (regional) client initiatives through pubic relations strategies and tactics
- Includes but is not limited to: media relations, crisis management, influencer engagement/social media campaigns, community/non-profit relations, multicultural/D&I work, events (in-person and virtual), and local promotions
- Bachelors Degree in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or a related field, or a strong combination of education and experience
- 5-7 years public relations or marketing communications experience (preferably in the market you reside)
- Traditional PR experience (media relations, pitching, content writing, communications calendar development, etc.)
- Agency experience
- QSR, CPG, or Retail client experience (franchise is a bonus)
- On-call crisis management experience with an understanding of how to act swiftly, remain calm and mitigate the damaging impact
- Social media management experience/certification and/or CMS experience
- Proficiency in all Google Suite (G-Suite) applications
- Potential travel of up to 50% (TBD based on CDC guidelines and company policy)
- May need to work more than 40 hours per week on occasion
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
About Davis Elen Advertising:
Davis Elen is a full-service advertising agency headquartered in Downtown Los Angeles, with satellite offices across the country. Since our founding in 1948, we have been focused on creating the most impactful work for our clients.
Our philosophy has always been “just because it was a good idea yesterday, doesn’t mean it’s a good idea today.” This obsession with constant improvement and refinement has resulted in DE being ahead of the pack on several marketing and advertising trends.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Job posted: 2021-05-19