Sr. Program Manager – Community Engagement
Amazon is seeking a passionate and result-oriented Senior Program Manager with excellent problem-solving skills to join our North America Community Engagement team in Seattle. This individual will work with the team to develop, execute, and manage community engagement activities for Amazon’s operations in North America.
The Senior Program Manager will help create and implement community-related strategies, develop playbooks, tools and resources for employee engagement. This role will need to engage a broad array of stakeholders including Amazon employees, nonprofit/nongovernmental organizations, customers, elected officials, and community members. The individual will work closely with the global community engagement team and our colleagues throughout the company – especially in Operations, PR, Internal Communications, HR, and Public Policy. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills are critical to success in this role.
The ideal candidate will have experience developing community engagement strategies and programs, launching medium to large projects, and setting data-driven methods to determine impact. This candidate should be passionate about goal-setting, continuous process improvement, delivering results, and be willing to roll-up their sleeves on a small and growing high-influence team.
Core Job Responsibilities:
· Identify, develop, and implement creative employee engagement campaigns that support local communities where Amazon’s operations employees live and work. This includes working with key stakeholders to define strategy and requirements.
· Drive program goals – define program plans, manage implementation, and develop processes, documentation and communications for program rollout along with ongoing management.
· Establish mechanisms to measure the value and outcomes of engagements and make recommendations for future engagement.
· Define key performance metrics – develop metrics and track delivery against project objectives.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
· 5+ years of experience delivering cross functional projects
· 5+ years of experience in program or project management
· 5+ years of experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
· Experience with developing strategies and programs that engages employees.
· Experience at a public company, ideally a large and well-known brand.
· Experience coordinating across various business teams to support a common goal.
· Ability to align business priorities to a community engagement program and strategy.
· Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-04-27