Sr. Public Affairs Director
Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Through our dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, we have established end-to-end advantages in telecom networks, devices and cloud computing. We are committed to creating maximum value for telecom operators, enterprises and consumers by providing competitive solutions and services. Our products and solutions have been deployed in over 170 countries, serving more than one third of the world’s population. Huawei has over 180,000 employees, approximately 80,000 of which are engaged in Research & development. Huawei operates a global network of 12 regional headquarters, 14 R&D Centers, 36 Innovation Centers jointly operated with customers, and 45 Training Centers. Huawei is leading the way by rethinking the future. From devices to telecom infrastructure to cloud computing and convergence solutions, we are rethinking every link in the chain with ICT based innovation to deliver a better future…faster.
Huawei provides you the opportunity to help shape the future of telecommunications… everywhere.
- Develop strong relationships with main institutions of the Government, Congress and Senate, to expand Huawei‘s thought leadership and influence in government and the ICT industry.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with federal government officials.
- Drive and develop strategic communication programs that increase Huawei’s global brand awareness, understanding and positive perception.
- Perform research and analyze various laws and regulations at federal and state levels, and provide strategic insights for the company
- Work with the Huawei Public Affairs and Communications Departments in Headquarters and in other key countries to deliver integrated and coordinated activities.
- Participate in various trade associations and evaluate relevant state legislative regulations.
- Organize and facilitate high level external stakeholders’ visits, events and activities to secure positive engagement with the company.
- 10+ years demonstrated experience of public affairs management.
- Strong communication, networking, collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to build relationships of trust with a wide range of individuals and organizations in technology industry.
- Prefer experience in issue management, such as policy development, cyber security, international trade expertise, corporate communication and brand promotion, or regulatory context.
- Ability to multi-task, manage projects, and handle complex issues, coupled with skills to translate insights into sound analysis and advice to the business.
- Ability to work across cultures with teams of geographically dispersed people.
- Possess extensive understanding of the operation of main institutions of Government.
- Experience of public affairs and communications activity using strong oral and written skills working in in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s or other further degree preferred, ideally in government and politics or similar disciplines.
Huawei Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job posted: 2020-08-27