Sr. Public Relations Manager
OPENTEXT – THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
Together Carbonite and Webroot form the Small-Medium Business and Consumer Division (SMBc) of OpenText. We make cyber resilience simple, reliable, and accessible in the connected world. We enable comprehensive data protection for companies, consumers, and our vast network of partners around the globe. Our mission is to defend individuals and businesses from the costs and consequences of cyber threats and data loss. We take this seriously because it is. In our market segment (SMBc) alone, over 250k new malicious programs appear daily- and that’s just one small part of the threat landscape.
As the Senior Public Relations Manager, you’ll play a key role on the SMB/C Corporate Communications team within OpenText. This role is responsible for proactive, strategic public relations to communicate and promote our Cyber Resilience story, and the Carbonite, Webroot and BrightCloud product solutions that support it. Your role will be to create and execute PR campaigns to maximize media, industry and consumer awareness for our portfolio of solutions. This is a highly visible role where you will lead our agency relations to make a tangible global impact. You’ll collaborate across Marketing, Product Management, Sales, Threat Research, and will interface with key business leaders.
You Are Great At
- Leading public relations planning and execution to drive media coverage
- Co-authoring thought leadership content to support product launches and topical news bylines
- Developing press releases, media outreach strategies, and acting as the main point of contact for inbound reporter requests
- Writing and editing compelling content for bylines, contributed content and paid content partnerships
- Working cross-functionally with leadership, Product Marketing, Product Management, Engineering and Threat Research SMEs to develop content and positioning that is timely and relevant to the media
- Possessing a strong knowledge of cybersecurity solutions and industry landscape
- Day-to-day management of the North American PR agency team; assisting with management of regional global agencies
- Having media relationships and a familiarity of tech, business and cybersecurity media landscape
- Developing awards and review strategies for applicable products in conjunction with Product Marketing
- Collaborating with Analyst Relations for inclusion in PR opportunities
- Owning internal reporting and tracking
- Staying current on company, industry, competitor information and news trends in order to best organize and present company content
What You Are Great At
- A track record of good judgment and decision-making in positions with significant responsibility
- Highly autonomous and able to independently identify high value projects and drive them completion
- Excellent time management skills and demonstrated ability to deliver quality work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to think and act both tactically and strategically
- Comfortable working with cross-functional teams across multiple time zones.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, and solid track record in developing technology public relations campaigns.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Ability to develop informed opinions on relevant topics
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, English or equivalent and 8+ years of PR or communications experience in a high-tech PR agency or software technology company
- Cybersecurity familiarity highly desired
- This position is based in the United States – either remote or in an OpenText office. Some travel may be required.
For Colorado residents, this job is expected to pay in the range of $120,000 to $179,000 in addition to a comprehensive and competitive group benefit and healthcare plan. Individual compensation will be determined based on skills and experience comparable to the job requirements.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-10-04