Sr. Public Sector Communications Manager
About the job
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
At Splunk, we are looking for our first, full-time Sr. Communications Manager dedicated to the Public Sector. Are you a communications pro who is passionate about storytelling and technology? Are you looking to join a fast-paced, rapidly growing, creative and crucial communications team? If you love storytelling around emerging technologies that are changing the way government agencies and higher education institutions are redefining business and mission success with data, this could be the ideal role for you!
At Splunk, you will have a rare opportunity to lead critical communications initiatives at one of the fastest growing public technology companies in the world. Together, we’ll tell the world how Splunk is helping Public Sector organizations remove the barriers between data and action, so that everyone thrives in the data age with Splunk’s Data-to-Everything Platform.
You should be a highly motivated, creative problem solver with strong attention to detail and a desire to grow your skills within Splunk’s corporate communications team. You will be based out of Splunk’s Tyson’s Corner office, reporting to the Sr. Director of PR and Social Media.
- Lead External Communications, including Public Relations, Social Media and Exec Comms for Splunk’s Public Sector business.
- Collaborate with counterparts across Splunk’s marketing organization to support awareness of our solutions, people and services.
- Write press releases, blogs, social media copy and other materials to support communications strategies.
- Develop and nurture relationships with journalists, analysts and influencers in business, trade and vertical media.
- Work closely with Splunk’s Customer Advocacy team to identify and promote unique stories detailing how Splunk enables mission success in government.
- Partner with our Government Affairs team to detail Splunk’s ongoing policy work with key media and influencers.
- Lead, manage and develop partnerships with PR, Social and Influencer Marketing agency partners.
- Plan and execute various communications projects / programs with internal and external partners.
- A minimum of 10 years experience in communications, with an emphasis on public relations and social media; ideal candidates have a mix of agency and in-house experience.
- Passion for creative storytelling, written and verbal communications
- Strong understanding of key trends driving business in government and higher education.
- Existing relationships with journalists at government/technology focused media outlets
- Deep knowledge of social media strategy across multiple platforms- LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, etc.
- You are an excellent writer and presenter – no matter the audience. You are a strong leader who can think autonomously and inspire teamwork
- You communicate effectively and create trusted partnerships with senior leadership and other stakeholders.
- Fun people preferred!
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Job posted: 2021-02-02