Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Sr. Regional Advocacy Manager
ENTER JOB DESCRIPTION HERE
Sr. Regional Advocacy Manager
CARE USA is seeking an innovative and creative Senior Regional Advocacy Manager (Sr. RAM) who will play a lead role on the CARE Action Network (CAN) team, building our nation-wide network of advocates into a national force to support the fight against global poverty. They will join a close-knit team of dedicated colleagues that works to influence U.S. development policies and programs that impact millions of people in the developing world and CARE’s work with them. The person in this role will also work with others in the U.S. Programs and Policy Advocacy Department to determine which members of Congress are of critical importance. Within those states/districts, the Sr. RAM will deploy the necessary plan and tactics to build a strategic constituency.
The Senior Regional Advocacy Manager will be responsible for designing and implementing a regional strategy to mobilize CARE supporters and opinion leaders to engage members of Congress around CARE’s mission. To do this, the Sr. RAM will lead discussion and strategy to support the CAN team in building a cadre of advocates capable of reaching key U.S. legislators.
The person in this role will focus on recruiting “grasstops advocates” individuals whose connections to elected officials can be utilized to advance CARE’s policy agenda as well as advocate leaders who will help organize support for CARE’s advocacy agenda in their communities. To build a viable and sustainable list of advocates, the Sr. Regional Advocacy Manager will collaborate with other departments within CARE, including those in Fundraising and Marketing.
This role will work closely with the Director, Mobilization and Engagement to construct CAN’s national strategy and improve its efficacy. They will contribute to national CAN objectives and will assist in selecting strategic members of Congress to target and develop national engagement plans that leverage our annual initiatives (e.g., CARE’s Capitol Hill Days and Advocate leader initiatives). Sr. Regional Advocacy Manager will recruit advocates to participate in CARE’s Washington, DC and in-district activities.
This position will represent the CARE Action Network as needed in cross functional strategy development and will contribute to a national strategy to build a constituency to support our policy goals and will engage with their peers in implementation.
- Design and Implement Regional Strategy
- Recruit and Mobilize Influential Advocates
- Represent CARE Action Network and Contribute to National Initiatives
- Support the Director with additional responsibilities, such as engagement in fundraising or celebrity management
- Bachelor’s degree in International Relations, political science or similar field
- 5-8 years’ experience working on policy issues/political campaigns, Capitol Hill or community organizing
- Strong political acumen
- Knowledge and understanding of how US government policies are created
- Previous organizing experience with issue and/or political campaigns
- Volunteer management
- Knowledge and understanding of policy issues related to CARE’s mission
- Special events planning and logistics coordination
- Excellent public speaking and written communication skills
- Interest in, and willingness to travel
- Word processing, PowerPoint, internet and social media skills
- Database management skills
Click here to apply
Job posted: 2023-01-11