Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Sr. Regulatory Affairs Analyst
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SR. REGULATORY AFFAIRS ANALYST
As the Senior Regulatory Affairs Analyst on the Legal team, you will be the person primarily responsible for ensuring compliance with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Commercial Space legal requirements and will provide support on other federal regulatory regimes. You will work closely with attorneys and engineers to ensure that SpaceX complies with applicable regulations and is able to conduct launches and other operations in a timely fashion.
- Oversee compliance with FAA legal requirements post-license issuance.
- Design, implement, and maintain elements of an effective compliance program under FAA regulations, including developing policies and procedures and administering training.
- Develop data analysis and/or tracking tools to analyze compliance, identify areas for improvement and efficiencies, and influence internal processes across teams.
- Track and investigate potential instances of non-compliance with FAA and other legal requirements, coordinate a report of findings with senior management and prepare voluntary disclosures, and develop, direct, and track corrective actions.
- Manage and respond to requests from FAA and other government entities regarding compliance, including inspectors and enforcement officials.
- Request legal interpretations and waivers from FAA.
- Identify the need for regulatory or statutory revisions and coordinate with internal stakeholders to achieve desired outcomes.
- Coordinate efforts with cross-departmental partners including but not limited to engineering, legal, and government affairs to synchronize efforts and create tight feedback loops.
- Interface directly with the FAA and other regulatory officials to understand areas for improvement and efficiency.
- Advise internal stakeholders on compliance with FAA legal requirements and as required, other related regulatory regimes, such as Department of Transportation hazardous materials safety permitting.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience supporting regulatory analysis, compliance, or permitting
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of FAA’s Commercial Space requirements and related processes
- Experience developing compliance policies, procedures, and guidance
- Experience conducting compliance reviews or investigations
- Experience working with U.S. government regulators
- Experience working on U.S. regulatory reform efforts, particularly with the FAA or Department of Transportation.
- Excellent analytical, research, interpersonal, written and oral communication, and project management skills
- Willingness to travel approximately once a quarter
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends as needed
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Senior Regulatory Affairs Analyst: $110,000 – $145,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2023-05-24