Sr. Specialist, Public Affairs
Reporting to the VP, Public Affairs, the incumbent will draft, assemble and deploy written
materials for all MBA targeted audiences, including MBA members, prospective
members, media, consumers and other stakeholders. Incumbent will also manage
MBA’s Speaker’s Bureau and prepare remarks for MBA conferences and events.
• Manage MBA Speakers Bureau, including handling incoming requests for MBA
speakers (Officers, CEO, Senior Staff), identifying and coordinating speaking roles,
facilitating coordination between MBA speakers and requesting organization.
• Ensure MBA speakers have the required logistical details needed when departing for
a speaking engagement.
• Coordinate with speakers and meetings team to deliver remarks on time and in
format appropriate for use (teleprompter, note cards, etc.) for MBA conferences and
• Work with contract speechwriter and other MBA staff to maintain and update CEO
and MBA Officer stump speeches.
• Regularly draft correspondence on behalf of MBA senior executives addressed to
MBA members to update them on MBA accomplishments, breaking news updates
and upcoming events.
• Draft Op-Eds, blogs, letters to the editor, briefing papers and other collateral to
communicate MBA policy positions to outside audiences.
• Assist in the assembly, proofing and deployment of two weekly newsletters to MBA
members on behalf of MBA’s policy and legislative and political affairs groups. Edit
incoming articles/digests from subject matter experts as necessary and assemble
into newsletter via third party email platform.
• Effectively manage day-to-day communications requests, such as writing and editing
cover letters, invitations, press releases, etc.
Minimum 5 years of experience as a speechwriter, press secretary or communications
executive on Capitol Hill, in political campaigns, at trade associations, or within corporate
communications venues. Undergraduate degree in English, Journalism or
Communications preferred. Possesses excellent writing and editing skills as
demonstrated by the ability to effectively cultivate and synthesize thematic ideas.
Possesses excellent oral communication skills; articulate, poised and credible to senior
management. Has the ability to work both as part of a team and independently to meet
rigid deadlines. Well organized and able to work on multiple projects at the same time.
Strong proof-reading and editing skills a must. Well-read and knowledgeable on real
estate finance industry and financial services issues and practices desirable.
This position description should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility
that may be required to be performed by an incumbent in this job. Incumbents are
required to perform other functions, as assigned.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran
status, or on the basis of disability.
Please fill out the following application if you’re interested: https://chu.tbe.taleo.net/chu03/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=MBA&cws=38&rid=362
Job posted: 2019-10-03