Sr Technology Policy Manager
Charter Communications is America’s fastest growing TV, internet and voice company. We’re committed to integrating the highest quality service with superior entertainment and communications products. Charter is at the intersection of technology and entertainment, facilitating essential communications that connect 24 million residential and business customers in 41 states. Our commitment to serving customers and exceeding their expectations is the bedrock of Charter’s business strategy and it’s the philosophy that guides our 90,000 employees.
Reporting to the Vice President of Technology Policy, this role supports the Technology Policy team as it addresses a changing set of technology-related public policy issues currently facing Spectrum, with a particular focus on cybersecurity, and may also engage in the range of other technology policy matters facing the company, such as wireless spectrum, supply chain security, broadband access and adoption, and energy efficiency, among other matters. The Technology Policy team acts as a bridge between Spectrum’s Product & Technology Group and the Government Affairs office in Washington.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Remain current on the technology policy issues facing the cable and telecom industries, researching positions Charter should take in conjunction with other telecommunication industry leaders.
- Analyze regulatory and legislative proposals within the telecom industry, coming primarily from the FCC, DOE, and FTC and the Energy and Commerce committees, respectively.
- Research the technical methods and ecosystem organizations used to bolster the security of communications networks and the communications technology supply chain. This includes understanding security threats (e.g., ransomware, denial of service, etc.) and best practices that Charter and its ecosystem partners (including vendors and the connected device ecosystem) can take to mitigate these risks.
- Research and assist the team as it addresses an evolving set of technology policy issues and initiatives, particularly those that have a substantial technology dependency, such as wireless spectrum, broadband infrastructure, cybersecurity, energy efficiency, privacy, and other matters. Understand the technical and business dimensions of these issues and make recommendations.
- Prepare financial and technical analysis for topics being debated at the FCC and Congress, such as rural broadband construction costs, 5G deployment rationales, CPE energy savings, illegal robocalls, etc.
- Analyze large and diverse data sets using visualization and other graphical techniques. Create presentations with data and technical information that can be readily understood by different audiences.
- Collaborate with internal groups to contribute to and drive anti-piracy initiatives; help analyze ongoing security requirements and design continuous improvements to anti-piracy tools, policies and processes.
- Liaison with internal technical teams, understanding and documenting high-level current and future state solutions in areas relevant to technology policy.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Skills / Abilities and Knowledge
Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
In-depth knowledge of internet architecture and technologies, strong knowledge of telecommunications industry and/or video
Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines without affecting quality of deliverable is a must
Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt to rapidly changing business priorities
Proficient in researching, analyzing, and summarizing policy and technical issues
Proven ownership, execution and delivery accountability experience with highly visible enterprise and line-of-business programs
Program and project management skills
Demonstrated, credible and strong relationship building skills at various leadership levels, and working collaboratively across functions including corporate and the field
Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner, internally and externally with senior executives, peers, technical partners, and agencies.
Experience with financial analysis and modeling skills; developing and analyzing business cases
Knowledge and curiosity of digital media consumption landscape. An understanding of the multimedia and Pay-tv content threat landscape is important.
Public policy experience and interest
Good critical thinking, questioning, and listening skills; excellent attention to detail.
Strong computer and software application skills
Related Work Experience / Number of Years
Experience in Telecom Industry / 8+
Degree or experience in engineering, electrical, or computer science preferred; MBA preferred.
For more information on Spectrum’s benefits, please click here.
Who You Are Matters Here We’re committed to growing a workforce that reflects our communities, and providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement. Learn about our inclusive culture.
Job posted: 2021-09-06