Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
The National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB), the nation’s largest small business advocacy organization, looks to hire a Senior Writer to join its communications team.
The primary purpose of this position is to increase NFIB’s visibility, name recognition, and influence through writing and message development via op-eds for placement in national and regional publications, letters to the editor, talking points, speechwriting, and executive communications. The individual in this position will help communicate NFIB’s work and mission through written content to the media, NFIB members, NFIB senior staff, Small Business Owners and the public. Such content allows the organization to increase its visibility, raise brand awareness, and communicate our message and member initiatives. The Senior Writer will work closely in conjunction with the NFIB national communications team based in Washington D.C. and report to the NFIB Communications Director.
This position can be considered for full-time work based in the NFIB Washington D.C. office in a hybrid working situation. The ideal candidate Hill/Policy/Trade Association/Nonprofit experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Affairs, Journalism, Political Science, or similar field.
- Four (4) to Six (6) years or more of work experience in a communications or writing position.
- Must possess demonstrated knowledge of the political/policy process, issues related to small business, and a general understanding of media outlets that cover small business, advocacy, and politics.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with above average writing, grammar, editing, and copy-editing skills. Must be able to work well under deadline pressure.
- Strong leadership skills, ability to work well with others, and ability to take direction.
- Must be able to provide writing examples and produce a sample op-ed on a topic of our choosing.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply please submit an application to – Senior Writer in Washington, Washington, DC | Careers at Washington, DC (icims.com)
Job posted: 2023-05-24