Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Staff Policy Advisor
Staff Policy Advisor, Western New York
Tesla is seeking a Policy Advisor to join the Public Policy & Business Development team. The assigned territory for this position will be the Western and Central New York regions. This is a Buffalo/Gigafactory New York -based position with responsibility for Buffalo and surrounding areas. Tesla’s Policy team supports the company’s objectives by engaging key stakeholders on a broad range of policy platforms, including legislative, municipal, business development and regulatory matters to support solar energy, electric vehicle, and charging infrastructure manufacturing and deployment. As a primary focus, the Policy Advisor will spend substantial time supporting internal teammates at the Gigafactory New York, and outward facing policy and community engagement on workforce development and training partnerships, building support for cooperative STEM education programs, and creating opportunities to advance local and regional partnerships deploying clean energy technologies. The Policy Advisor also acts as an initial business development lead, searching for, responding to, and assessing potential local and regional business relationships and partnerships.
- Coalition building and outreach within the local and regional sustainable transportation and energy communities;
- Supporting legislative and regulatory policy proposals at the state, regional and municipal levels; and
- Developing and negotiating policy proposals and business development opportunities, advocating on behalf of Tesla to parties, stakeholders, and state leaders, as well as engaging community, industry, and related organizations.
- BA in relevant field or equivalent experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
- MBA, MPP, JD or other advanced degree preferred.
- 5 years of experience with state or federal government, including knowledge of the political landscape in Buffalo, Western New York, and New York State.
- Knowledge of advanced manufacturing, sustainable transportation, and renewable energy policy issues with particular focus on workforce development and strategic partnerships.
- Must have a proven track record for advancing critical policy initiatives.
- Must be detail-oriented and well-organized self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to self-manage and committed to working in a fast-paced environment.
- Position is Buffalo-based with local and U.S. travel as needed.
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step-by-step tutorial can be found here).
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-01-05