Staff VP Communications
SHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America’s leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
This newly created Communications Leader will have responsibility for designing and building a best-in-class executive communications function and cadence, furthering Anthem’s mission to create an employee centric, transparent culture.
The Communications Leader will work collaboratively with other corporate communication leaders and the senior vice president of corporate communications to ensure consistent messaging, program development and execution and processes, enterprise wide. In addition, the leader will hire, develop and counsel a team of direct reports while serving as a leader in the function and across Anthem’s portfolio of companies.
Through the development and delivery of key messages, this role will help Anthem leaders reinforce values and strategies that support key organizational initiatives and provide relevant context to internal constituents and promote open, two-way communication lines. This role will focus heavily on internal, finance and executive communications; however, this leader and his/her team should also monitor the local, regional and national health care landscape to identify and address potential situations and enact pro-active communication strategies.
- Natural collaborator with outstanding communication, listening and relationship-building skills
- Ability to distill messaging to reach a diverse audience of internal and external listeners
- Great judgement with ability to influence, counsel and guide employees at all levels in the organization
- Experience in large, complicated matrixed organizations; ability to navigate through ambiguous situations with little direction
- Exceptional project management skills and experience, including prioritizing and managing multiple projects and internal stakeholders simultaneously
- Speech writing and internal talking points for senior executives, including the CEO
- Defines and implements future programs that drive and evolve corporate culture in line with mission, vision and values
- Demonstrated financial communications experience and ability to script financial messaging for enterprise and divisional finance leaders
- High integrity with a passion for excellence and demonstrated ability to earn the trust of all levels of employees and management
- Demonstrated ability to make sound judgments and communicate advice with authority
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated accomplishments in collaboration, teamwork, coaching, motivation, problem-solving and personal accountability
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively on highly sensitive issues with employees and management at all levels, with emphasis on developing trust and maintaining confidentiality
Ability to coach and mentor team members
***Location: Any Anthem office preferred, however, open to considering candidates across the US living near any major metropolitan area not located within commuting distance to an Anthem office.****
- Requires a BS/BA in journalism, communications or another related field
10+ years of increasing business and professional responsibility
Master’s degree preferred
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and has been named a 2019 Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-11-09