Stakeholder Communications Manager
The mission of the REFORM Alliance is to dramatically reduce the number of people who are unjustly under the control of the criminal justice system – starting with probation and parole. To win, we are leveraging our considerable resources to change laws and policies while changing hearts and minds.
REFORM’s founding partners include award-winning recording artist Meek Mill; Philadelphia 76ers co-owner and Fanatics executive chairman Michael Rubin; entrepreneur and business mogul Shawn “JAY-Z” Carter; Kraft Group CEO and New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft; Brooklyn Nets co-owner and philanthropic investor Clara Wu Tsai; Third Point LLC CEO and founder Daniel S. Loeb; Galaxy Digital CEO and founder Michael E. Novogratz; Vista Equity Partners founder, chairman, and CEO Robert F. Smith. CNN host and activist Van Jones is the CEO.
The Stakeholder Communications Manager is responsible for partnering with colleagues to develop and coordinate engagement plans and products for key external and internal stakeholder groups.
The successful candidate will have creative flair, strong organizational skills and will work best in a fast-paced multi-cultural environment. As well as key professional skills, s/he will have excellent communication and relationship management skills. This is a new position and will temporarily report to the president and chief growth officer (and ultimately, the Senior Communications Director). This position is based in our New York office.
- Lead the implementation of the strategy including through the development of new planning tools, communications activities and resources.
- Act as editorial lead for REFORM’s internal communication, working with colleagues to plan, develop and publish content.
- Map REFORM’s stakeholder relationships and collaborate with REFORM teams to develop tailored engagement plans for key groups.
- Project manage publications, events and communications products as needed.
- Write and/or edit copy for internal and stakeholder communications products and resources.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships, especially with the CEO’s team, Communications and Digital teams, Development team, HR/Talent team and Operations teams.
- Keep abreast of trends and best practice in internal and stakeholder communications, bringing fresh insights into the organization.
- Play an active role as a member of the strategic communications team to help REFORM achieve its mission through excellent communications.
- Support and advise senior REFORM staff on internal and stakeholder communications matters as needed.
- A thorough understanding of the communications channel mix with experience of designing and implementing internal and stakeholder communications strategies and plans.
- Proven track record of delivering effective and creative communications programs which produce tangible results or change.
- A self-starter, able to initiate and drive new projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including copywriting, copy editing and proofreading.
- Excellent communications project management, planning and prioritization skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team and good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple, shifting priorities and tight deadlines.
- A proactive attitude to work and the confidence to put forward ideas
- Experience of working with and advising senior staff and external contacts.
REFORM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and encourages applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, sex, gender identity, age, disability, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status or record of arrest or conviction. We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and strive for a workforce that reflects the population that we serve.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-07-22