Stakeholder Engagement and Communications Consultant
Role and Responsibilities
Wheelhouse Group seeks a full-time (40 hours per week) Consultant to support a contract at the U.S. General Services Administration by managing online events, increasing engagement among multiple communities, and drafting content related to innovation and technology. Candidates must possess a minimum of four years’ experience in stakeholder engagement and communications. We are a team of innovative thinkers who are mission-driven, collaborative, and hard working. We are dedicated to our clients and seek a new team member who shares our same philosophy.
The job responsibilities are to:
- Manage 7-10 live events per month related to innovation in the federal government and technology implementations – most events just require managing the video conferencing software
- Increase engagement and subscription rates among multiple communities focused on innovation by drafting community posts/emails
- Draft content related to innovation and technology by summarizing content from events or interviews with experts
- Draft and edit event copy that makes the target audience aware and interested in the upcoming event
- Craft promotions for social media and communications to communities to increase excitement and registration for upcoming events
- Provide some recommendations to client on how to improve a website or website content
- Submit content updates to a federal website using markdown language and GitHub pull requests (training can be provided on GitHub)
- Assist with recording, editing and posting content to YouTube to help drive after-event engagement
- Superstar with high potential and four to seven years of experience
- A passionate desire to help our clients succeed
- A flexible, positive attitude, confidence and the desire to be the best
- An exceptionally strong work ethic, self-motivation, curiosity and drive
- Organizational and prioritization skills to manage multiple clients/projects and events at the same time
- Advanced experience with the Google Suite (Docs, Slides, and Sheets) or Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, and Excel) with the ability to create documents that tell a compelling, relevant and data-driven story
- Experience with managing virtual conferencing platforms (Zoom, Adobe Connect, WebEx, and Google Hangouts), as well editing and posting the content to YouTube, to help drive interest educational events
- Ability to work with clients on crafting interesting and relevant events for a specific audience
- Knowledge of how to grow and foster various communities of practices or government-related groups to achieve a strategic objective
- Experience in IT and technology deployment, professional services firms and/or government a plus
- Some basic knowledge of GitHub, XML/Markup coding, and/or website content management systems a plus
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree required
The opportunity exists in the Washington, D.C. Metro area. Given the current restrictions due to the ongoing pandemic, this position will likely work from home for an extended period; however, this position has historically required three days on client site in Washington, D.C.
Compensation will be in the range of $70,000 to $85,000 annually based on skillset and experience.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please apply online and include your resume and a cover letter with salary requirements.
Job posted: 2020-07-16