State Affairs Manager
American Physical Therapy Association
- Manages state legislation, regulation, advocacy, grassroots and political affairs areas.
- Facilitates and resolves conflict appropriately, exhibits the ability to anticipate issues and concerns, and develops plans to address them. Counsels with Exec Vice President as needed.
- Uses project management skills and budgetary discretion to set priorities and allocate time and resources effectively and efficiently.
- Manages state tracking and monitoring in conjunction with state chapters to identify, analyze, and track legislation and proposed regulations in all U.S. jurisdictions that could impact the physical therapy profession.
- Develops and produces resources and tools for practitioners to understand and advocate for policy change in state legislatures or regulatory agencies.
- Manages portions of the strategic plan activities related to state legislation, regulation, advocacy, grassroots and political affairs.
- Compliance with issue management, archive and record keeping of statements, positions, policies and communications related to state legislation, regulation, advocacy, grassroots and political affairs.
- Advanced degree or equivalent combination of education and related experience
- 5+ years’ in related professional level position
- Knowledge of state legislation, regulation, advocacy, grassroots and political affairs
- Strong presentation/public speaking and professional writing skills
- Ability to represent Association and present to a variety of external audiences and stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to be mobile
- Travel up to 30% of the time
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: email@example.com.
Job posted: 2019-09-13