State Chapter Manager, Government Relations
State Chapter Manager, Government Relations
If you are well versed in insurance, securities, and the financial services industry and advocacy is what you do well, this could be the career opportunity for you. Join a well-established and successful Government Relations team who dream big and want you to do the same. We are seeking someone who can assist the team in taking its advocacy efforts to the next level.
As State Chapter Manager you will strengthen NAIFA’s influence with state government officials by coordinating advocacy efforts among NAIFA’s 50 state chapters. Serve as NAIFA state chapter liaison between the national headquarters, state chapters, and industry groups to promote the association’s interests through impactful advocacy actions.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Ensure a proactive advocacy agenda for all states
- Create systems and processes to identify and mobilize relationship between NAIFA members and state legislators
- Facilitate process to strategically disburse IFAPAC funds to state legislators and engage NAIFA members
- Manage NAIFA’s 50-state legislative tracker
- Coordinate efforts between states on similar legislative proposals
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with Chapter Staff
- Build strategic third-party relationships and manage coalitions
- Identify opportunities to obtain information/services from allied industry groups or carriers
- Monitor and report on state-by-state producer licensing updates
- Work seamlessly with Grassroots Director and policy colleagues to develop messages to attract members to participate in grassroots engagement
- Ensure Chapters have engaged members and processes to mobilize quickly in response to moving legislation
- Advise and collaborate with the Marketing Department on using their tools to create public relations communications, partnerships, and media campaigns
- Identify and write articles/stories on state legislative or regulatory news
- Assist Policy Director with coverage of NAIC and NCOIL activity
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Successful multi-tasker experienced working with tight deadlines and competing demands
- Willingness and ability to travel and to maintain a flexible work schedule
- Ability to translate complex public policy into business strategy
- Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Exceptional listening skills
- Proficiency in relevant computer applications and database systems
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the company, from senior executives to staff
- Strong presentation skills
- Working knowledge of the insurance and financial services industry
- Undergraduate degree
- Minimum 4-6+ years of legislative, political and/or lobbying state experience
- Relationship building and management experience
- Experience working with state/local government officials
Who We Are
NAIFA is the #1 association for producers in financial services.
The mission of the National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors is to advocate for a positive legislative and regulatory environment, enhance business and professional skills, and promote the ethical conduct of our members. The National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors protects and promotes the critical role of insurance in a sound financial plan and the essential role provided by our professional agents and advisors.
NAIFA members are Main Street Americans’ financial security solution. NAIFA members provide products, services, and guidance that increase financial literacy in our society, protect their clients against life’s inherent risks, help hard-working Americans prepare for retirement, and create financial security and prosperity so their clients can leave a legacy for future generations. They serve individuals, families, and businesses in communities across the United States, building long-term relationships and often living and working in the same communities as their clients.
For more information about NAIFA, visit www.naifa.org.
NAIFA recognizes how important it is to provide our employees with the best possible environment in which to work. We offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Telework options
- Health and Dental Plan
- Prescription Plan
- Life, AD&D, and Business Travel Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Legal Services Plan
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Uninsured Medical and Dependent Care
NAIFA also offers various programs and benefits to assist employees with work/life balance solutions, such as an Employee Assistance Program, wellness programs, direct deposit, business casual dress code, flexible work schedules, educational seminars, and free parking.
The health and safety of our team members is paramount. NAIFA was 100% telework from March through October, and now offers liberal hybrid telework. Return to work guidelines offer flexibility to continue telework and include CDC’s recommended protocols.
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why you are interested in the position and what makes you stand out as a candidate.
NAIFA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job posted: 2021-10-05