State Director, National Affairs
A Career in Beer:
Our purpose at MillerCoors, a Molson Coors company, is to delight the world’s beer drinkers. We are the world’s family brewer, brewing and selling our beer for over 350 years around the world. We want you to join our team of passionate self-starters who believe the world is full of untapped opportunities. So, if you get fired up about making a real difference as part of a winning team, we want to hear from you.
In the Washington, D.C.-based role of Director of National Affairs, you will be a part of the Government Affairs team responsible for outreach and advocacy on behalf of the organization to Congress and the Administration in support of our corporate reputation and our legislative and regulatory priorities. This individual will assist the Vice President with strategy and campaign development around MillerCoors’ legislative and regulatory priorities and will represent MillerCoors’ interests with trade associations, alcohol industry groups, advocacy coalitions and other industry stakeholders. As part of managing certain strategic issues, this individual will regularly communicate with senior leaders of MillerCoors to ensure that advocacy efforts are in alignment with commercial objectives.
This role will report to the Vice President of Government Affairs and will be based in Washington. Some travel is associated with the position, both to MillerCoors facilities in the US and to support MillerCoors political efforts.
- Broaden and deepen our relationships and connections to federal regulators and legislators on public policy issues
- Build our capacities with federal regulators with jurisdiction over all issues that impact MillerCoors, including alcohol taxes, consumption policies, marketing guidelines, operational issues, and others
- Develop and plan executable public policy strategies for key federal issues to deliver positive results for the company that minimizes government-imposed costs and protects and enhances our abilities to communicate and build our brands
- Work with the Federal Government Affairs team to develop and build the MillerCoors Political Action Committee with support from its board and increase receipts to improve our political outreach platforms and presence.
- Maintain personal credibility and impact to influence others, lead people, and communicate with conviction and clarity
- Develop and nurture strong relationship networks among federal government affairs communities
- You have at least 10 years of experience in federal government affairs, public affairs, or political advocacy; preference of committee or congressional staff and/or political campaign experience
- You possess knowledge of and experience with congressional rules and the legislative process and Federal regulatory process
- You have strong political acumen and understand the intersection of policy and politics, especially in a highly regulated industry with recognizable brands
- You have a passion for beer and a strong bias for action, delivery, and internal communication
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to translate, communicate, and influence are of the utmost importance to you
Work Perks that You Need to Know About:
- As the world’s family brewer, we have the scale to make big things happen and still get to know colleagues on a first name basis across the globe
- Participation in our Total Rewards program with a competitive base salary, incentive plans, parental leave, and health/dental benefits among others
- Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences
At Molson Coors we seek diversity. Differing perspectives lead to challenging the expected, which keeps new ideas bubbling up. We’re an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from candidates from all backgrounds, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-08-11