State Government Affairs Director
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill’s global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose and Impact
The State Government Affairs Director will guide and represent the company on legislative and regulatory affairs with elected officials and government officials. In this role, will build and maintain relationships with governments, trade associations, industry coalitions, public services and other authorities to influence policies and positions.
- Act as a subject matter expert on legislative issues impacting the food and agriculture industry, including food manufacturing and business development.
- Represent Cargill at forums and gatherings with government officials to exchange ideas and information on business activities and potential legislation that may affect the company.
- Ensure that the organization’s interests are represented and protected in legislative proceedings at the state and local level.
- Identify, engage and report on polciies and programs at the state and local level that impact the organization.
- Other duties as assigned
- Provide expert thought leadership in your field and work with limited direction, using additional research and interpretation to identify issues or problems. You may provide direction to supporting team members and be a strategic contributor.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of six years of related work experience
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- Minimum of eight years of related work experience
- Experience working at the state and local level on capital investment related projects
- Previous experience working in or with state or local govenment
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-09-13