State Government Affairs Director (remote-based)
Hobson Prior are currently working with an innovative pharmaceutical organisation who are focused on developing, manufacturing and marketing medications and consumer health products. This position will be accountable for developing and implementing the company’s state/regional government affairs and public policy strategy.
- You will develop, coordinate, and lead the company’s state/regional public policy efforts.
- Analysing and monitoring legislation, regulations, and political activity relating to issues that may impact.
- Working collaboratively with communications, policy, medical affairs, and marketing departments to ensure that state public policy goals are aligned to meet company objectives and most effectively serve the needs of patients.
- Developing and maintaining high-level relationships with government officials, community leaders, advocacy groups, external organizations, and stakeholders.
- Co-operating with and facilitating advocacy coalitions for specific public policy goals, including rare disease awareness and cystic fibrosis policy issues.
- Developing as necessary written analyses, testimony and background materials in support of objectives
- Leveraging pre-existing relationships as well as facilitating partnerships with additional community-based organizations and coalitions to reach public policy and company goals.
- Working with cross-functional partners, integrating public relations objectives with the state/regional public policy strategy and identifying additional opportunities to increase awareness and disease burden awareness
- Managing contract lobbyists and overseeing compliance with state laws for lobbyist registration, reporting and political contributions.
- Recognising and pursuing additional opportunities to advance our company’s business objectives.
- Fulfilling other duties/projects as assigned.
- Ability to build and sustain relationships with members of the legislature, administration and other government and community leaders.
- Strong strategic planning, communication, and presentation skills.
- A high level of energy and passion toward patients, science and public health.
- Proven teamwork and collaboration skills, with a demonstrated ability to interact and influence all levels of business.
- Detail-oriented, self-initiating, well-organized and capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously and independently.
- You will have a minimum of current and relevant experience in state government affairs, state government or at a major trade association with significant direct lobbying experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required (advanced degree preferred) in science, law, government, or public policy.
- Significant knowledge of state legislative and regulatory systems.
- Pharmaceutical or healthcare sector experience strongly preferred.
- A strong understanding of the legal and regulatory environment along with demonstrated integrity on the job.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity then please click “Apply” and upload a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist directly, please select “Contact me” at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Job posted: 2020-08-28