Intuit is seeking a strategic policy leader to join our statehouse government relations team. Candidates should be able to manage high energy and fast paced interactions with internal and external stakeholders.
Successful candidates should be able to develop and execute holistic strategic plans to achieve desired objectives across their designated regions in service to the company’s strategy.
Expand and develop our national State and Local Government Relations program focusing on activities with elected officials and policy makers across the country. Public policy advocacy, grassroots / grass-tops project leadership, as well as external relationship development and management.
The identification, tracking and analysis of emerging public policy issues pertinent to the businesses in which Intuit is engaged; as well as regional management of external consultants and associations to achieve an effective and successful external affairs program with State and Local Governments. Relationship building with key State and Local public policy leaders in critical issue areas including technology, cybersecurity, privacy, financial services, tax, and consumer affairs.
Proactive partnership with internal stakeholders to develop strategically aligned government relations initiatives. Additionally, the successful candidate will be required to work with senior corporate leaders and work on internal teams across multiple business units.
- At a minimum, five years’ experience with a U.S. State and Local Government Relations program working on multiple business public policy issues, managing contract government relations professionals and associations
- Issue experience in legislative and regulatory policy regarding technology, cybersecurity, privacy, financial services, tax, and consumer protection is required
- Professional experience as a manager/leader in state government, and/or in political campaigns is strongly desired
- Ability to travel 50% – 60% of the time
- Motivated self-starter and ability to work well both independently and in a team environment
- Desire to be innovative and part of a growing team
- BA in Political Science, Business Administration, Public Policy or equivalent preferred; Graduate work in Business or Juris Doctor desirable
- Must be located in the Eastern or Central time zones
Specific Talent Sought:
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Strategic thinker, who can translate a vision into government relations and political strategies with executable tactical project plans to achieve tangible results, while solving for both long-term and short-term objectives
- Critical thinker, who is able to identify and link disparate pieces of information to understand and problem solve in a government affairs context, including political intelligence, policy issues, legislative and regulatory processes, with the ability to translate between the political, policy and business environments
- Strategic leadership and the ability to shape the external environment. You must be energized and comfortable taking the lead to drive, partner and clearly communicate at multiple levels and with a wide variety of internal and external businesses and stakeholders
- Proven track record of successful project management and team leadership.
- Integrity Without Compromise: A career professional with demonstrated adherence to the highest ethical and legal standards in both personal and professional actions, communications, and interactions. We hold ourselves and each other to the highest standards in all we say and do. Our actions and communications are always direct, honest, and transparent
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized as a best employer and is consistently ranked on Fortune’s “100 Best Companies To Work For” and Fortune World’s “Most Admired Software Companies” lists. Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that simplify the lives of consumers and small businesses and their customers worldwide.
Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with a full suite of products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Utilizing design for delight and lean startup methodologies, our entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market – from QuickBooks® and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, big data, cloud (SaaS, PaaS) and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
Discover what it’s like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. It’s time to love what you do! Check out all of our career opportunities at: careers.intuit.com. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.
Learn more here
Job Posted: August 30, 2017