Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
State Gov’t Affairs & Public Policy Lead
- Assure that Electrify America business units are informed about State government actions that affect the Electrify America’s business.
- Affect the outcome of public policy processes before the legislative & executive branches of State government.
- Foresee public policy opportunities that advance the interests of Electrify America and develop strategies to develop those activities.
- Build positive relations with governmental officials & institutions as well as outside organizations involved in the formation of public policy.
- Oversee campaigns to advance Electrify America interests at the state level.
- Analyze & explain impact of Regulatory developments as they relate to Volkswagen Group of America’s obligations outlined in appendix C of the partial consent decree
- Draft & disseminate internal analyses & reports regarding policy developments.
- Draft statements of corporate positions on policy issues including memoranda, fact sheets & comments for legislative hearing & administrative proceedings.
- Support the presentation of company positions in meetings with federal government officials, and support the drafting of proposed legislative & regulatory language.
- Support communication efforts with government representatives, industry representatives & representatives of other entities involved in development of policy.
- Participate in the Electric Vehicle committees, national associations, think tank dialogues, etc. related to the above matters.
- Overseeing required reporting to state governments, including clean fuels programs and other responsibilities
- 7 – 10 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Master’s degree in Public Affairs or Law Degree (desired)
- Analytical and conceptual thinking – using logic and reason, creative and strategic
- Communication skills – interpersonal, presentation and written
- Computer savvy – skilled in the use of software
- Integration – joining people, processes or systems
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Problem solving
- Resource management
- 5-7+ years of experience in government affairs or public policy
- 2-4 years of proven success developing or influencing legislation, regulation or public policy
- Capable of becoming registered as a lobbyist & if an attorney, must be a member in good standing of a State Bar Association
- Established relationships with State Agencies (CARB, State PUCs, Offices of Energy, State DOTs), Associations (e.g. NASEO), academia, and other organizations involved in formulating energy, transportation and vehicle policy (desired)
- Policy analysis and impact analysis skills and experience (desired)
- Demonstrated writing ability (desired)
- Demonstrated experience with government reporting (desired)
- Experience with clean fuels program markets and administration (desired)
- Up to 50% travel to states and metropolitan areas in which Electrify America plans to focus investment.
Volkswagen Group of America is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and encourage applicants from all backgrounds, and do not discriminate based on race, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, color, gender identity/expression, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-05-10