State Health Policy Analyst
At Cepheid, we are experiencing a period of tremendous growth as the direct result of successful go to market strategies, geographical expansion and new market product introductions. These three core strategies, along with opportunities to craft federal and state policies, will be meaningful to continue the improved efficiency, productivity and growth. To accelerate this trajectory, we’re searching for a highly-qualified State Health Policy Analyst.
This role will drive our efforts to inform our state legislative work realizing our company’s strategic growth potential. Monitor and track state legislative, regulatory or reimbursement health policy trends for various issues related to Covid-19, infectious disease or oncology, and issues including Medicaid payment trends and other state health priorities. This position will report to the Director, Government Relations of Cepheid, and may also assist with the policy needs of other Danaher Life Sciences and Diagnostics Operating Companies.
Essential job responsibilities:
- Monitors and tracks state policy trends
- Analyzes health policy challenges, assesses the impact on the Company’s business, and identifies potential solutions
- Engage and advise members of the public, customers, trade or professional associations to collect information relative to the impact of various proposed policies, their efficiency, and contribute to providing feedback to policy makers.
- Drive efforts to advise legislative work potential
- Develop and implement strategies based on research in order to improve Cepheid’s efficiency and productivity
Education and Experience (in years):
- B.A. required and MPA preferred depending on years of experience. Five years of working in the field of health policy required.
Knowledge and skills:
- Requires knowledge and experience of state government processes and health issues, including familiarity with the Medicaid program
- Able to tackle a range of problems
- Able to analyze possible solutions
- Skills in Excel and Power Point
- Able to explain sophisticated information to others in straightforward manner Prepares and presents work in a manner easy to follow and understand
- Explains sophisticated health policy issues in a straightforward manner
- Knowledge of biology and/or diagnostics
The statements in this description represent typical elements, criteria and general work performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills for this job.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-06-05