State and Local Government Manager, Google Cloud, Government Affairs and Public Policy
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of experience working on technology policy issues within state and local government, an enterprise software company, think tanks, public interest groups or relevant industry associations.
- 2 years of experience working with or in state and local governments, particularly involving enterprise technology services.
- Experience in government procurement.
- Experience with state lobbying, commensurate legislative, and/or executive branch experience. Experience representing a large company or association in the Internet/tech industry.
- Experience with enterprise software policy issues
- Ability to exercise good judgment in a rapidly changing and sometimes stressful environment.
- Ability to identify opportunities and areas for improvement.
- Excellent leadership skills, with ability to collaborate with multiple teams simultaneously as well as work independently.
- Excellent political, analytical, and communication skills with high attention to detail.
About the job
In this role, you will partner across Google Cloud and beyond to address government affairs and public policy issues in Google Cloud’s key state and local markets. In that capacity, you will represent Google Cloud before state and local policymakers, IT decision-makers, and government executives. You will also work collaboratively with stakeholders to support business growth and public policy objectives at the state and local levels including by addressing risks and opportunities for the business at those levels. You will also participate in key trade associations that are critical to advancing Google Cloud’s public policy and business objectives in the state and local government sector. You will become familiar with all aspects of Google Cloud’s state and local business, and partner directly with relevant Google Cloud sales and support teams..
Google takes its responsibilities seriously, including engaging with government and other stakeholders on important public policy challenges. The Government Affairs and Public Policy (GAPP) team leads the company’s engagement with executive branch officials, legislators, regulators and third-parties in the formation of public policy. Working closely with Google leaders, GAPP seeks to identify key policy issues, listen carefully to others’ views and opinions, and distill and share the company’s perspective on those issues with external stakeholders. While we focus on challenges affecting the internet, our issue areas are increasingly broad and encompass many areas where public policy, business, and technology intersect.
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $138,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, including Google Cloud Sales, to develop and execute on government affairs and public policy objectives in support of Google Cloud at the state and local levels.
- Ensure alignment with the Google Cloud state and local government sales teams and other stakeholders among business priorities, public policy goals, and go-to-market strategies.
- Identify, communicate and assist with potential state and local public sector market opportunities and threats. Manage and coordinate external advocacy efforts, outreach programs and key initiatives in concert with business objectives.
- Organize engagement between Google Cloud executives and government stakeholders to promote and advocate Google Cloud’s public policy policies and benefits to public sector customers and partners.
- Engage with industry associations and policy organizations on behalf of Google Cloud and ensure appropriate management of outside consultants.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-09-12