About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a nationwide, diversified, community-based financial services company with $1.7 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through 8,700 locations, 12,500 ATMs, and the internet (wellsfargo.com), and has offices in 36 countries to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 265,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. Wells Fargo perspectives are also available at Wells Fargo Blogs and Wells Fargo Stories.
People as a competitive advantage: Wells Fargo values and supports our team members as a competitive advantage. We strive to attract, develop, retain, and motivate the most talented, caring team members who work together as partners across businesses and functions. Our culture is about plural pronouns – we, us, and ours – instead of I, me, and mine. The star of our team is the team; we win by playing “us” ball. We say “team members,” not “employees,” because our people are resources to be invested in, not expenses to be managed – and because teamwork is essential to our success in helping customers.
What’s right for customers: We value what’s right for our customers in everything we do. Our customers are our friends. We treat them as our guests. We want them to be successful. We want them to feel as if they’re part of Wells Fargo – that we’re their company. We want to be approachable and caring, exceed their expectations, and invest in relationships that last a lifetime. One of our top priorities is protecting customer’s confidential data and information. Customers trust us to use that information to provide them with products and services that can save them time and money. They expect the company to help guide them, help grow and protect their financial assets, and help them succeed financially.
Diversity and inclusion: We want to build and sustain a diverse and inclusive culture for all Wells Fargo team members – one where they feel valued and respected for who they are as well as for the skills and experiences they bring to our company. We want team members to feel comfortable and enjoy being part of our community, knowing they can build a career here and help the company succeed. We value and promote diversity in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
Leadership: We believe every Team Member is called to be a leader and this is not the exclusive domain of managers. Leaders are accountable. They share the credit and shoulder the blame. They give others the responsibility and opportunity for success. Good leaders inspire teams to have confidence in their leadership; great leaders inspire team members to have confidence in themselves. Leaders consider themselves equal partners in a team effort to achieve our vision. When the team needs help, leaders pitch in just like everyone else. Leaders are involved. They’re hands-on and available. They take personal ownership for a customer’s problem and don’t let go until that problem is solved. No one tells them to do it; they just do it.
The Government Relations Team is responsible for defining, supporting and furthering Wells Fargo’s legislative agenda and public policy initiatives through education and personal contacts with legislators. Our primary mission is to support public policies that promote Wells Fargo’s business goals and oppose those that will restrict our businesses or result in a competitive disadvantage for our customers, our company or our industry. The team will operate in a transparent and collaborative way that results in the development of consistent policies and agree-upon priorities. We will:
- Be responsive to lawmakers and committees
- Identify important allies and critics ad develop an outreach approach to work with both, including the strategic allocation of financial resources
- Run campaigns in top tier state capitals to rebuild trust among key stakeholders
- Support improved internal communications and integration between company stakeholders
Specific responsibilities include:
- Responsible for leading and managing the evaluation of the current campaign and political environment across the Eastern Region and delivering guidance on future opportunities and risks
- Develops and manages comprehensive public affairs strategies and campaigns to support the business strategy, vision, culture and values of Wells Fargo
- Collaborates effectively with all levels of management in the organization to set strategy, construct business cases and plan execution of large scale, multi group initiatives
- Develops and maintains relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure awareness of Wells Fargo’s stance on political issues
- Lead, develop, and challenge a high-performing team ensuring personal growth of team
- 5+ years of management experience
- 8+ years of experience in the government relations and regulatory environment
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience leading, high-performing geographically dispersed, diverse teams within a matrix organization
- Experience working with State and Local Governments on public policy issues
- Experience directing and implementing strategies to achieve public policy goals
- Experience presenting information in a manner that persuades, educates, and enhances understanding at all levels
- Experience building strong relationships internally and externally and collaborating across large organizations
- Ability to oversee the employment of contract lobbyists
- Experience tracking and reporting public policy issues
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Learn more here
Job Posted: August 24, 2017