State Mobilization Manager
This position supports the Regional Mobilization Managers in the development of strategic mobilization programs on the state and local level. The incumbent is responsible for the successful execution of API’s grasstops and grassroots programs which includes identification, recruitment, and management of individuals for both programs. This position will be responsible for executing and coordinating federal and state advocacy initiatives, and other API projects as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead industry-wide mobilization efforts at the state level in each state under their purview (Ohio), coordinate with existing member mobilization programs, and lead efforts for members without mobilization capabilities
- Lead in-state grasstop and grassroots individuals in support of API mobilization goals; provide them with development and coaching opportunities to advance in mobilization engagement.
- Utilize tools and resources to increase grassroot and grasstops engagement
- Maintain and grow a mobilization database that effectively supports program and organizational goals
- Utilize and maintain a tracking and metrics system for evaluating the grasstops program, including specific asks and actions of grasstop and grassroot leaders
- Provide advocacy trainings and issues presentations for member companies, allied organizations and other external audiences on the importance of industry mobilization
- Maintain effective relationships with existing members, partners and consultants
- Collaborate with API state team members on the recruitment and cultivation of grassroot and grasstop leaders to further grow the network of support for API’s member companies
- Collaborate with other API staff across the organization to ensure targeted and substantive delivery of membership services
- Plan, coordinate, and execute earned media events
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, Public Policy, Communications or experience in a related field
- 5-7 years of experience in politics, grassroots, advocacy and mobilization
- Working knowledge of state and federal legislative process
- Proven ability to deliver results through leadership and collaboration with staff, members, state allies and other internal and external business partners
- Ability to manage and lead multiple projects from strategic planning through successful execution.
- Excellent relationship-building, problem solving and written/ oral communications skills
- Ability to collaborate with diverse business partners
- Proficient in MS Office Suite products (Excel, Word, Outlook, Access) or similar type of products in a Windows environment
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-07-17