Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
State Policy Director
Do you thrive in a fast-paced political environment? Does the thought of working with other ambitious pro-life colleagues to advance policies that save lives of unborn babies speak to you? If you are ready to be part of this historic moment in our country as we plan for a Post-Roe America, then we would love to hear from you!
Susan B. Anthony List is recruiting for a State Policy Director to join our team. In this role you will work to advance state policy goals, both short-term and long-term, with a primary focus on advancing laws that save lives and advance support for mothers and families, especially in a post-Roe America.
Who We Are Looking For:
We are looking for individuals who are staunchly pro-life, courageous individual with a passion for the protecting human life. Strategic, results-oriented, and relationship-driven, the State Policy Director will play a critical role in the organization’s policy work within the states. The right individual will be sacrificial, scrappy, and ambitious.
What You Will Do:
- Review and draft state policy legislation and regulations that advance pro-life laws.
- Advocate for organizational priorities with government officials and policymakers across the country.
- Work with coalition members to build relationships with state-based pro-life leaders, groups, and other key stakeholders.
- Craft communications and messaging with state communications staff to inform supporters and media about state policy goals.
- Provide policy-focused guidance and briefings in support of the National Pro-Life Women’s Caucus.
What You Will Bring to the Team:
- Sacrificial – employee should be sacrificial so as to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Scrappy – employee must be able to be resourceful and resilient with limited resources.
- Ambitious – employee must be motivated and hungry to tackle tasks each day and push themselves to go above and beyond in everything they do.
- Team Player – candidate possesses humility, hunger to work hard, and smarts to recognize how their actions and words impact their teammates.
- Must be pro-life.
- Demonstrated knowledge of state legislative and regulatory processes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of state politics.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience working in the pro-life movement.
- Prior policy and/or legal experience is preferred.
- Previous experience speaking with media is a plus.
Susan B. Anthony List (SBA List) is a nationwide network of more than 900,000 Americans. We combine politics with policy, investing heavily in voter education to ensure that pro-life Americans know where their lawmakers stand on protecting the unborn, and in issue advocacy, advancing pro-life laws through direct lobbying and grassroots campaigns. SBA List’s mission is to end abortion by electing national leaders and advocating for laws that save lives, with a special calling to promote pro-life women leaders.
What We Offer:
Susan B. Anthony List offers a comprehensive benefit portfolio including health, dental, and vision insurance, 401K plan with employer match, life insurance policy, short-term and long-term disability coverage, free onsite parking, paid holidays, and paid time off.
Susan B. Anthony List is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all our employment programs and decisions. Discrimination in employment on the basis of any protected class under federal, state, or local law is a violation of our policy and is against the law. Equal employment opportunity is provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, covered veterans status, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, or any other protected characteristic.
Job posted: 2022-04-19