State Relations Senior Manager
FCA US LLC is seeking a creative, passionate and strategic policy leader who will identify opportunities to develop and implement political, legislative and economic development strategies to promote FCA’s interests. This dynamic role will work collaboratively with state and local officials on a variety of issues, such as, dealer franchise, direct sales, autonomous vehicles, workforce training, data privacy, vehicle safety and taxes.
Based in our Auburn Hills office, this role will report to the Head of State and Local Government Relations and will lead policy advocacy, lobbying and external relationship development activities for a regional state portfolio. Responsibilities also include the development and implementation of strategies for pursuing economic development financial incentives for new capital investments. This role requires that qualified candidates are judicious in their analysis and evaluation of proposed legislation, regulations and ordinances. Within a culture that values new ideas and encourages creativity, FCA seeks a team player who is dedicated to making a difference by translating strategy into actionable results.
- Define and implement strategies to promote FCA’s interests before state and local governmental units
- Analyze and evaluate proposed legislation, regulations, and ordinances
- Manage and execute FCA economic development initiatives for plant and other company investments
- Coordinate FCA public policy position development with internal departments and promote FCA’s lobbying positions
- Represent FCA before state and local governmental bodies and provide formal testimony at public hearings
- Prepare testimony, position papers, summaries and other materials for lobbying efforts
- Coordinate plant visits and briefings for state and local elected officials
- Initiate and maintain strong working relationships with state legislative bodies, state and local governmental officials, industry trade association, and non-governmental groups
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 10 years work experience in state government relations
- Experience working with state legislators or administrative agencies
- Strong knowledge of legislative process and economic development programs
- Exceptional communication (verbal and written) and analytical skills
- Strategic thinker who can translate strategy to tangible results
- Critical thinker who is able to identify and navigate through complex issues
- Possesses superior leadership, project management and relationship-building skills
- Motivated self-starter and ability to work well both independently and in a team environment
- Able to build consensus and inspire others to action
- Able to handle multiple/concurrent projects
- Thrives in a highly collaborative work environment
- Master’s or J.D. Law degree
- A minimum of two years of work experience in governmental position (elected or appointed)
Learn more here
Our benefits reflects the FCA commitment to helping you reach your personal and professional goals. In addition to an environment that promotes career development, we offer benefits for a healthy lifestyle and a rewarding future, designed to take care of you and your family, in various stages of life.
As a global company, our employee packages will vary by country, customary norms and the legal entity into which you are hired.
Job posted: 2019-07-03