Strategic Communication Specialist
**CONTIGENT UPON CONTRACT AWARD**
Federal Conference is a Small Disabled Veteran Owned Business that specializes in providing professional quality event planning and management services to federal, state and local governmental and corporations. We create a dynamic learning and networking experience that results in success for our customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We are currently seeking a Strategic Communication Specialist to join our team, performance is onsite in the DoD facility. The Strategic Communication Specialist is responsible for providing full support for DoD projects across public affairs, industry and congressional relations, event management, and digital media.
Specific responsibilities may include:
- Serve as the Strategic Communication lead at one of six DoD project management offices, providing full support across public affairs support, industry relations, congressional affairs support, event management, graphics, digital media management and protocol.
- Advise the program office leadership across the portfolio (including Colonel, Lieutenant Colonel, deputies, and civilian equivalents) as needed.
- Provide onsite support at either Fort Belvoir or Crystal City, depending on the location of the program office.
- Report and take direction from the Director of Strategic Communication.
- Write articles, assist with media and congressional inquiries, photography, industry engagement and events, both ceremony and public.
- Support the headquarters as needed to surge on large-scale events.
- Develop relationships across the project officer to provide the highest quality of support and expertise.
- Plan and execute information and promotional campaigns and disseminates information on projects and special programs, orally and in writing.
- Assemble, classify, and summarize reported progress results and present verbally, graphically, or in written form indicating the status of program progress deficiencies, outstanding accomplishments, and reasons for deviations from plans.
- Support and participate in the organization’s Continual Improvement Program by complying with the Quality Policy and procedures and meeting QMS objectives.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communications, Marketing, or a related field preferred.
- Secret clearance preferred.
- Minimum 10 years related work experience, including experience in strategic communications.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Excellent communication skill and ability to work in a team.
- Shall have experience and efficiency in word processing, data entry, data collection, compiling information, and preparing reports.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
PHYSICAL AND SAFETY REQUIREMENTS
- Reasonable accommodations are made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Sitting, bending, standing, walking, 8 hours per day.
- Able to lift 20 lbs.
- Being authorized to work in the US is a precondition of employment.
- Attention to detail.
- Customer oriented.
- Self-starter who is flexible in a dynamic environment, demonstrating innovative ways to complete tasks.
- Work with minimal supervision.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-12-14