Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Strategic Communications Consultant
You believe that clear, effective written, verbal, and visual communications are critical in everything we do. You connect to your client’s mission and feel personally invested in their success. You see challenges as opportunities and are persistent in finding solutions that exceed expectations. You are able to find opportunities for creative interpretation within pre-existing constraints. You are patient and flexible. If this sounds familiar, we are looking for you!
At Booz Allen, you will work on a dynamic team in a fast-paced client environment to develop compelling written and visual communications in support of internal and external Department of Defense campaigns. As a member of our team, you’ll be a trusted advisor to our clients and learn to identify and anticipate their needs and propose solutions that will accurately convey their key priorities and initiatives. You will combine your writing and visual storytelling skills and your keen attention to detail to provide clients with products that clearly convey mission-critical information. You will seek information and knowledge internal and external to the team and you will research, produce, and evaluate communications products and materials, including press releases, newsletters, social media posts, infographics, fact sheets, briefing cards, Public Affairs Guidance, articles, briefings, and reports.
- 3+ years of experience with writing and editing in multiple writing styles
- Experience with building client relationships and presenting to stakeholders
- Experience with graphic design or visual communications in a professional work environment
- Experience with using the Adobe Creative Suite to develop compelling communications products, including fact sheets, infographics, social media graphics, or motion graphics
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Secret clearance
- Bachelor’s degree
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with the Department of Defense
- Experience with photography and videography
- Experience with social marketing campaigns or behavior change efforts
- Experience with Human-Centered Design
- Ability to provide a portfolio showcasing design or data visualization
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Secret clearance is required.
Build Your Career:
Consulting at Booz Allen means empowering you to provide your customers with the best support. With a consulting career at Booz Allen, you can expect:
- A large business consulting community
- Access to experts in virtually every field
- A values-based culture that focuses on supporting employees
We have opportunities that provide stability while offering variety, so you can find the right fit for your career and your life. You’ll also have access to a wealth of training resources through our Digital University, an online learning portal where you can access more than 5000, functional and technical, books and materials. Build your technical skills and expertise through hands-on training from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications? Take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site courses, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful advice. We’ll help you develop the career you want, as you chart your own course for success. With contracts across the globe in multiple industries, no matter where you want to go in your consulting career, we have the opportunities for you to get on the right path to take you there.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.
Job posted: 2022-04-19