Strategic Communications Consultant
Are you a Strategic Communications Consultant with the ability to identify client technology needs and transform them into innovative technology solutions that deliver tangible results?
Suntiva is looking for a Strategic Communications Consultant with a secret security clearance to join our team in Alexandria, VA supporting our U.S. Army client. At Suntiva we are driven by our passion for helping clients improve the performance of their organizations in significant, measurable, and sustainable ways. Would you like to be a part of an organization with the expertise of a large firm with the agility and personal attention of a small firm?
What You Will Be Doing:
- Prepare, present, and coordinate strategic plans and long term goals; includes briefings and other written documentation necessary for strategic planning
- Formulate PMO policy ensuring it is consistent with the organization’s vision, strategy, and mandates
- Serve as the interface with the Public Affairs office for preparation and submission of honorary award nominations, conference attendance requests, Executive Summaries of events, publication article submissions, and other requests
- Provide technical editing support of multiple documents to include: Executive Summaries, and various policy documents for internal/external audiences.
- Planning, coordination, drafting, staffing for approval, and distribution of written communications. Includes a quarterly newsletter (external audience), a monthly internal message, social media updates (Twitter, Facebook, etc), and website updates
- Develop solutions and processes to ensure timely, accurate, and effective collection, formatting, dissemination, storage, and disposition of project/product information
- Act as the single external interface when coordinating with external customers and stakeholders
- Prepare and present information at DoD forums
- Assist product leaders in preparation for external engagements with stakeholders
- Provide strategic communication support for Congressional responses/testimony, town halls, conferences, demonstrations, literature research, public affairs reports, and liaison with the press
- Coordinate and manage participation in external events either hosted or attended by the client to include industry days, conferences, All Hands meetings, and other similar events
- Maintain information on the public-facing client website, ensuring it is accurate and current
What You Will Need For This Position:
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
- Experience within the Army environment
- 5 years’ experience developing and executing strategic communication strategies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Marketing, Communications or related field, or commensurate work experience as a substitute
- Experience with providing strategic stakeholder communications support, speech writing or technical writing
- Ability to analyze information, develop insights, and work alongside clients
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
What Suntiva Can Offer You
- When joining Suntiva, you can expect the opportunity to address client challenges that matter and have fun in the process.
- A values-driven culture. Our corporate values include: Embody great minds and great hearts, Assume good intentions, Foster collaboration and teamwork, Hold ourselves accountable for results, and Do the right thing all the time!
- A team-oriented environment with some of the smartest colleagues you’ll ever work with.
- Growth and development opportunities. We provide a comprehensive and highly competitive total compensation and benefits package that brings you real value and security to enjoy life today and plan for tomorrow.
Suntiva is a business transformation and technology company located in Falls Church, VA, serving Federal Government agencies. We enable our clients to improve performance through people, process, and technology in significant, measurable, and sustainable ways. We provide mission critical information technology, digital transformation, organizational performance, human capital, and acquisition lifecycle solutions—with great minds and great hearts.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-12-18