Strategic Communications Director (Digital Strategy, Content Creation & Media Relations)
At Freddie Mac, you will do important work to build a better housing finance system and you’ll be part of a team helping to make homeownership and rental housing more accessible and affordable across the nation.
If you are an accomplished communicator who is passionate about storytelling, content creation, digital strategy and inspiring team to take their efforts to the next level, then Freddie Mac is your next destination! Apply today to join the Public Relations and Digital Communications team as a Strategic Communications Director responsible for enhancing Freddie Mac’s public image across multiple channels. In this role, you’ll lead a team charged with communicating the company’s activities, counsel senior leaders, and collaborate with business and communications leaders at all levels. To learn more about the position and our excellent benefits, please apply!
Your work falls into the following two categories:
Content & Digital Strategy
- Develop messaging and implement strategic communications plans on a diverse range of topics to meet company and business objectives.
- Lead all aspects of strategic content for Freddie Mac’s digital communications channels, including social-media, blogs, thought leadership and other digital assets.
- Integrate communications strategies across advertising, social, web and other digital platforms to ensure messages are tailored to and to resonate with target audiences.
- Use data to define, measure and report on performance, as well as inform go-forward strategies.
- Apply best practices in digital communications to improve reach, engagement, SEO, etc.
- Develop creative methods for delivering value in a driven environment
Leadership & Collaboration
- Encourage and lead a high-performing team responsible for web, social and owned content. Continually support their success through mentoring, coaching and skills development.
- Support some corporate executives (e.g. HR, Legal, Enterprise Risk Management) with thought leadership, media relations, speech-writing and other communications opportunities.
- Partner with colleagues on various teams including media relations, creative, research and internal to plan and execute coordinated communications campaigns.
- Stay abreast of current communications trends and drive continuous improvement through tools, technology, process and people
- Wear multiple hats, work independently and drive projects forward.
- 12+ years of related experience and 4+ years of management experience
- College degree in a communications field or equivalent experience.
- Outstanding written and verbal skills with expertise in both long and short-form writing (Applicant will be asked to submit writing samples and take a writing test).
- An Inspiring and motivational leader.
- Creative problem solver who can connect the company’s objectives to compelling content in a variety of formats.
- Demonstrated experience in digital communications and content strategy for advertising, social-media and the web (paid and organic)
- Strong understanding of communications planning, creation, publishing, monitoring and measurement methods and tools.
- Shown success in leading teams and helping them thrive
- Public Relations agency, media relations and/or Capitol Hill experience a plus.
- Ability to understand and translate complex subject matter for multiple audiences.
Keys to Success in this Role:
- Exceptional written and verbal skills.
- Demonstrated experience in digital communications, including content, social and web strategies.
- Creative thinker with a passion for storytelling in a variety of formats.
- Positive relationship building skills.
- Strong Leadership skills
- Able to thrive in fast-paced environments, while being flexible, collaborative and deadline driven.
- Experience using data to inform and optimize communications strategies.
Current Freddie Mac employees please apply through the internal career site.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-07-21