Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Strategic Communications Manager – Government & Public Services (GPS)
Strategic Communications Manager – Government & Public Services (GPS) Public Relations
Are you a public relations or government communications professional who is unafraid to think differently, always thinks strategically, and knows how to build strong relationships? Are you a creative team player who can build proactive PR efforts tied to business objectives? We are seeking a passionate and experienced professional to help strengthen and enhance Deloitte’s Government and Public Services (GPS) strategic communications team. If this is you, hit the “apply now” button!
This position is responsible for developing and executing communications strategies that help mitigate risk and effectively communicate the impact of our work for our government clients.
What You’ll Do
- Provide counsel and expertise on reputation management and proactive communications to GPS stakeholders and clients.
- Work closely with GPS PR and Delivery Excellence colleagues to anticipate and strategically prepare for anything that may impact our brand as a trusted advisor to our clients.
- Work with project teams and clients to develop strategic communications plans that engage and inform key stakeholders, influencers and advocates.
- Promote the identification and use of third-party voices to support client communications and mission goals.
- Monitor media and legislative activity to prepare for potential engagement.
- Draft project talking points, facts sheets, and other internal and external communications materials. Assimilate inputs from key stakeholders and translate complex ideas and issues into clear and compelling messages.
- Work with the GPS risk sensing team to identify, understand and prepare for potential risks, trends, disruptors and threats.
- Understand the key stakeholders with whom we work and their potential to engage with media and legislative bodies.
The Strategic Communications Manager serves on the GPS PR team and is a strategic advisor to key business leaders and stakeholders within our GPS practice. The role reports to the GPS Public Relations leader.
Skills and Competencies:
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Journalism, Political Science or Public Relations
- 6-8+ years of experience in strategic or political communications in a newsroom, PR agency, political campaign, federal government or related business
- Understanding of federal government agencies and stakeholders, government relations and public policy
- Proven success in developing and executing communications strategies and plans for a large business or political organization with many stakeholders
- Exceptional writing, editing and project management skills
- Ability to interact and communicate across a variety of stakeholder groups (from technical subject matter experts to senior executives), and present complex information that is understandable and tailored to specific audiences
- Capable of working well under pressure and managing multiple high-profile assignments in an intense, fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and presentation skills, including ability to interact with and coach senior leaders and intellectual thinkers
- Ability to think and communicate clearly (i.e., formulate a clear point of view on complicated issues and create a concise and well-written narrative to express it)
- High level of comfort with ambiguity and fluid priorities; ability to manage multiple and complex priorities efficiently and effectively
- Ability to make connections in a highly matrixed environment (i.e., collaborate and integrate GPS PR across all levels of the organization)
- Strong listening and persuasive communication skills; ability to gain consensus through influence and pivot when warranted
- Comfortable working in a hybrid environment (i.e., onsite as well as virtual_
- Travel up to 25%
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-07-18