Strategic Communications Manager
Crosscut Strategies — a Washington, DC-based strategic communications firm working with start-ups, large companies, and non-profits in tech, health care, clean energy, and other sectors — is seeking a Strategic Communications Manager to join our fast-growing team. The Strategic Communications Manager will be responsible for overseeing client projects and initiatives, playing a critical role in managing our accounts, working directly with clients, and helping to execute on our communications strategies – including writing, media relations, and social media.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of relevant experience in strategic communications at a firm or in-house. You need to be inquisitive, motivated, creative and nimble, and be able to write well under tight deadlines. You must be equally comfortable offering strategic counsel to senior client decision makers as you are rolling up your sleeves to get a job done.
Many of our clients are high-growth start-ups, and like them, we are fast-growing. We keep the hierarchies flat and the fun and satisfaction high. We trust our employees to find the best way to get the work done, and our office has many cool places to do just that. We are located in the heart of the Dupont/Farragut North area, with easy access to Metro, buses, and bikeshare. We work hard, but take breaks to debate music, points of grammar, best places to eat in DC, and the latest outrage coming out of the White House.
Skills and Qualifications
- At least 5 years experience in relevant communications and management roles in strategic communications or a related field.
- Excellent writing and editing skills. Being able to write fast and well is critical.
- Proven experience pitching and developing relationships reporters, including on-the-record experience. Also able to identify media opportunities for clients.
- Researching issues, policy developments, and media coverage of targeted topics, and distilling this research into clear, concise memos and reports for clients.
- Experience managing complex assignments, leading colleagues toward a goal, an working with clients or other top-level stakeholders.
- Knowledge of and experience with federal and/or state policymaking processes.
- Strong organizational abilities and attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field. Advanced proficiency with all standard business software.
- Strong familiarity with and/or interest in health care and technology preferred.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Crosscut Strategies is an Equal Opportunity Employe
Job posted: 2019-04-11