Strategic Communications / Policy Analyst
SAIC is seeking a Strategic Communicatons/Polocy Analyst. Analyzes actual and predictable interacting operational activities of a military, governmental, or business system to obtain a qualitative or quantitative, rational basis for decision-making, policies (e.g., Doctrine, Organization, Training, Leader Development, Material, Personnel, Facilities) or resource allocation in support of US Government policy goals and objectives. Utilizes judgment, experience and subject matter expertise, decision support tools, and basic to extremely complex modeling and measurement techniques, mathematics, statistical methods and other principles in the professional body of knowledge in determining solutions. Provides integral policy support in the capability development and integration of solutions and the conceptualization, design, development, testing, verification and validation, documentation, and implementation of modeling and simulation based decision support system applications.
- Support the Strategic Trends and Effects Department.
- Provide memoranda and/or information papers addressing specific policy issues impacting Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction operations.
- Develop strategic engagement plans with key partners is the Department of Defense, Combatant Commands, USG, academia, industry, allies and partners.
- Assist leadership to analyze and define key leader engagement messages.
- Identify, track, and review defense, national security, and foreign policy documents to help inform DTRA senior leader strategic engagement strategy.
- Research and write stakeholder profiles for engagements.
- Author DTRA fact sheets for use by DTRA senior leadership during key leader engagements.
- Define topics, plans and scheduling for various visits and engagements.
Education & Expereince
- Bachelors degree and six (6)years or more of related experience; Masters and four (4) years experience.
- Department of Defense experience.
- Strong and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Software, to include Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access, and Power Point) and Microsoft Outlook.
- Security Clearance: Must possess a current Secret clearance, and be eligible to obtain an TS/SCI.
- Public relations / strategic communications experience.
- Department of Defense experience.
- Knowledge of aspects of countering weapons of mass destruction.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to problem solve in a time-constrained environment.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently as appropriate.
- Ability to prioritize tasks through strong organizational skills.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation’s modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner’s ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-02-11